Upload Snapshot backup to S3, and NOT to local?

Hello!

I just downloaded and set up Snapshot for one of my websites. I set the backups to be uploaded to Amazon S3 to save space on my server, however, I checked my uploads folder on the server, and my snapshots are still being uploaded to the server, in addition to S3.

Is there a way to set Snapshot to only upload to my remote storage?

Thanks!

• Luís

Hi @mediastead,

Hope you're doing well today!

I tested it in my install and the backup files are being stored in local folder and in the destination (Amazon S3, DropBox, etc) and this should be not the correct behaviour, they should be sent to the destination instead of stored locally.

So, I've confirmed this bug and flagged the developer so they can get it fixed up asap. Either myself or the developer will reply back here once we have pushed a fix out.

If you are running a "scheduled backup", a temporary solution would be to set the "Maximum number of local archives" to 1, as shown in the attached image, that would limit the amount of locally stored archives.

Cheers, Luís

• Jude

Hi there mediastead , sorry about the delay here. I just got an update from the developers. This looks like it was intended behaviour ( not a bug ). That said we are considering adding this in as a feature request.

i.e Adding option to delete local archives once its sent to the destination.

Stay tuned, one of us will update when we have something concrete. Also moving this to the features and feedback section we can consider it faster depending on how many other members request something similar.

Cheers
    Jude

• mediastead

Hey Jude ... good song :slight_smile:

It has been some time since I heard from you. I wanted to leave some breathing room before I sent a new inquiry.

The reason I use remote backup to Amazon S3, is so I don't take up a ton of space on my server with a pile of backups.

I would like to set up a weekly backup, and save 24 weekly backups, and set up a daily, and save 7 daily backups. Amazon S3 is fluid, and will expand as I need the space. If I try to attempt this level of backup with the current version of the Snapshot plugin, I'll run our of space on my server before the end of the month.

I hope this makes sense to you, and your development team is working toward a solution.

Please let me know if there has been any progress on this front. If not, I am sorry to say, but I'll have to find another backup solution. :slight_frown:

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.