uploading an SVG into a theme

Hello,

Im trying to upload a svg image file on a theme, Spirit, and it just says preparing for the past half an hour.

How can I upload an SVG as image file.

Its a bit silly that it is the first day and I am not feeling the super powers I was promised, I wasnt even given the option to just start from scratch with the builder, I was just redirected to the themes, Idealy I want to make my own theme...

Alicia

• Rupok

Hi Alicia,

How can I upload an SVG as image file

WordPress doesn't support SVG image handling natively and as a result, Upfront also doesn't support uploading or managing SVG images through the media popup.

But in Upfront, you can always drag and drop the code element and put HTML image tag to show your target SVG file in your Upfront theme. To know in details about HTML image tag, you can check this article: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_img.asp

I wasnt even given the option to just start from scratch with the builder, I was just redirected to the themes, Idealy I want to make my own theme

I'm so sorry that you didn't see what you were expecting, but Upfront is really a very powerful theme framework and you will feel the power the more you work with it.

To start creating an Upfront theme from the scratch, you will need to install a plugin: Upfront Builder.

After installing and activating Upfront Builder plugin, please go to "Dashboard > Upfront > Builder" menu and from there you can start creating an Upfront theme from the scratch.

Please let us know if you have any further confusion of if you are stuck at any point. We are always here to help and will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok