Uploading ERROR photo image...I cannot upload photos always error shows?

Hello Admin,

Uploading ERROR photo image...I cannot upload photos always error shows?

Please advise why is it error always upon uploading photo

Thanks.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hi David,

There could be few reasons for WordPress not uploading a photo:
    - particular image is corrupted and WordPress can't proccess it (rare case, but happens) - check if this is for every image, or for this one only
    - there is not enough space on your server
    - there is problem with the permission on uploads folder (you can check permissions through the FTP - check if wp-content and uploads folder are 755 - here is more info, how can you check this https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions#Using_an_FTP_Client)
    - this could be plugin conflict - disable all plugins and see if the problem still occurs.

You can also enable debug mode in WordPress and see if there are errors. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• David
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi, Thanks for your respond.

So far there is no problem with photos since i have tried many images, with the same error result.

But with regards with checking on the ftp, and some points, well i dont know coz im not a technical person..

hope you could help me to resolve this issue...please...thanks...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.