Uploading media files begger than 2MB

Hi Guys!

I have a general question please.

I am trying to upload digital products to my WordPress website through the ‘add media’ function but even my most basic product exceeds the 2MB max limit and I get this message:

Maximum upload file size: 2MB. After a file has been uploaded, you can add titles and descriptions.

CADRHO.com-AAAA-0001-01.stl exceeds the maximum upload size for this site.

Can this be overcome? I have 1000’s of jewellery designs in .stl format which I will be selling through this site to jewellery manufacturers. Your advice will be grately appreciated.

Thanks buddies!

Rhodian

• alseeman
    • New Recruit

I add the files using an FTP client and then use the ‘Add From Server’ WordPress plugin.

Once you upload the files, you can add them to the media library through the plugin. Then you can add them to your content in the usual way.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Allan

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

The issue is down to one of two things.

1. WordPress Multisite:

Admin –> Network Admin –> Settings –> Network Settings

/wp-admin/network/settings.php

You can change the following:

– Site upload space

– Max upload file size

2. The Server.

If it’s memory which is an issue then:

memory_limit = 256M

httaccess:

php_value memory_limit 256M

If your PHP supports then you can edit your wp-config.php file and add the following line:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96MB');

And for upload size on the server with PHP.ini:

post_max_size = 128M
    upload_max_filesize = 128M
    max_execution_time = 360
    max_input_time = 360

That increases the post, upload and time it takes. It can also be done in htaccess if your server supports.

The best thing here though if you’re not sure what all these means is to speak with your hosting provider on how to increase these limits.

2MB is really low considering it’s 2012 and the types of things people upload now like music, or software.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.