Uploading Products has Stalled Out My Site

Have been uploading E-Books to my site's store today with no problem, but now it just stalls out as I try to add more. Otherwise the rest of the site works fine. It seems after I try to upload a new product, it only stalls out on the web browser I'm using to upload the product. If I use another browser, I can then access my site. However, the trouble starts when I try to upload a new E-Book for sale, and gets stuck in that upload process, which messes up everything.

Please help.

• PC

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I would like to have a closer look at your site to see the issue in action and try with few different type of files and file sizes.

You can enable support access via :

WordPress Dashboard >> WPMU DEV Dashboard >> Support >> Staff Access >> Grant Access.

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Cheers, PC

• Len

Hi @Ashok

There should be no plugin conflict at all, as I said above in my first post, that I had uploaded several PDF file products the same day it stopped working with no problem. In fact, those products are still up and for sale, no problem. I noticed after I had already uploaded many products that the product description box got SUPER LONG, which I cannot change back or resize, and that the Marketpress uploader stopped working. All this happened without any change or update with other plugins. The fact is, Marketpress itself is acting strange by itself. Please have a look. Support access is granted, although it shows no one from your staff logged in to look at it the first time, please do now. Thanks

• PC

Hey there,

Thanks for granting the access again. Seems like the support access won't work on your server. I am getting the below error :

Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=wdpunauth on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Data may not be posted from offsite forms.

Your technical support key is: 0126-17c2-cd36-1abb

Can you send us your login details via email please ?

Please send them via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress admin / super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have an account related question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hey there Len,

Thanks for posting back.

I network deactivated and site deactivated all plugins and then tried to upload a test product and it works just fine.

I have reactivated them back however I will suggest you to make sure you remove/disable all the plugins you are not going to need. You have over 100 of them and they play an important role in consuming your site memory as well as increase the chances of conflicts.

Now as I have activated them back, the upload button in MarketPress stopped working again.

So you will need to deactivated them one by one and see which plugin is causing the conflict and then look for an alternative.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Len

@PC @Ashok

I have deactivated and network deactivated every plugin on my website except for MarketPress, and the product still will not upload... so I'm not sure what you're looking at. This makes me believe you are not being honest with me, not only because I had a different result, but you never logged in my site again to test upload a product after you asked if you could disable my plugins to check. There is no log of you logging back in, so there was no way for you to retest an upload, and I have documentation of when people log in to my site... you did not after you requested permission, sir.

Now, as I have a different result from what you claim in MarketPress not working after I have disabled plugins, and I see that you did not log in to actually test an upload... I have reason to believe you are not being honest with me.

Also, you have not explained why the product description box is VERY LONG now and cannot be resized to the normal level. Have you even gone into the MarketPress plugin at all???!!!

Please ask a supervisor for support on this issue, as this is taking way too long to resolve and I need to work with someone who can actually help without ignoring or being dishonest. As a matter of fact, please send a list of supervisor contact info...

• PC

Hello there @len_jaster,

Thanks for posting back.

so I'm not sure what you're looking at. This makes me believe you are not being honest with me, not only because I had a different result, but you never logged in my site again to test upload a product after you asked if you could disable my plugins to check.

I did test after disabling all the plugins on your site and was able to upload a marketpress product which you can see in your drafts if you have not cleared them. Sorry if you felt that I am not being honest, but that is not how we work.

I can confirm that I have logged in to your site and also tried an upload. The reason I asked your permission to disable the plugins is that it might be a live site and I did not want to do that without your permission.

When I tried to create a marketpress product on your site, I was not able to upload a product as the upload button did not show any pop up at all. As soon as I disabled all other plugins, that button worked just fine and that is when I told you to check for a conflict by one by one disabling the plugins and see if you are able to find a conflict.

I can make a screencast and send it over to you if you still think that I did not test your issue and ignoring you but the login details do not work anymore.

I have sent a note to my supervisor @Timothy Bowers and he should be around soon.

Please reactivate my account on your site so that I can provide you the screenshots of what I tested and how.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hello there @len_jaster,

Thanks for posting back.

so I'm not sure what you're looking at. This makes me believe you are not being honest with me, not only because I had a different result, but you never logged in my site again to test upload a product after you asked if you could disable my plugins to check.

I did test after disabling all the plugins on your site and was able to upload a marketpress product which you can see in your drafts if you have not cleared them. Sorry if you felt that I am not being honest, but that is not how we work.

I can confirm that I have logged in to your site and also tried an upload. The reason I asked your permission to disable the plugins is that it might be a live site and I did not want to do that without your permission.

When I tried to create a marketpress product on your site, I was not able to upload a product as the upload button did not show any pop up at all. As soon as I disabled all other plugins, that button worked just fine and that is when I told you to check for a conflict by one by one disabling the plugins and see if you are able to find a conflict.

I can make a screencast and send it over to you if you still think that I did not test your issue and ignoring you but the login details do not work anymore.

I have sent a note to my supervisor @Timothy Bowers and he should be around soon.

Please reactivate my account on your site so that I can provide you the screenshots of what I tested and how.

Cheers, PC

• Len

@Mac @PC

I hate to accuse anyone of dishonesty, and if I am mistaken you have my sincerest apologies. However, my logs show that you did not log in to my site again after you requested permission to disable plugins. I do not know what else to make of that, and I hope there is a reasonable explanation.

Now that I look in my drafts, I see that you were able to upload a test product. So again, my apologies to you for any mistaken accusations. There is no need for you to create a screenshot as I'm able to see this test product myself in the drafts.

However, I was unable to replicate what you did after I disabled my plug-ins. And it also seems that we had different experiences when the plug-ins were enabled as the upload pop-up window works for me, but it just will not upload. It is also strange that the day the uploads stopped working I had made no changes to my plug-ins. It was working and then it stopped. Also, the post box/product description box messed up and got way longer on the same day that the upload stop working.

Now, as I am unable to replicate what you were doing, I am unsure of where to go from here. All I know is I have a broken MarketPress, with the rest of my site working fine.

I look forward to a better solution to this issue, and my apologies again for any possible mistaken accusations.

• PC

Hey there len,

No worries at all if you are not comfortable doing that. I can help you set that up.

Its pretty simple on a single site by the way :

1: Take a snapshot and make sure you copy all the tables etc to that one
    2: Install a new WordPress copy in a subdirectory
    3: Restore that snapshot.

However as you are using a WordPress Multisite, testing that in a subfolder might cause the subsites on the test site not work but we can still try that out.

I have replied to your email with the required details, can you kindly send them over so that I can help with this ?

Cheers, PC

• Len

@Mac

You have left my site completely deactivated of plugins (Minus MarketPress) for the entire day I see without answering me. Why have you done this? My site is live and basically non functional. It will take me hours to figure out what plugins I was using and which not, all while I lose traffic and business to my site. You were not supposed to touch the live site in the first place, and then when you did, ignored my call to reactivate the specific plugins you disabled. This seems very unprofessional, and is damaging to me as a customer, as it hurts my customers. Please explain your recent actions and non-actions, or have your supervisor @Timothy Bowers explain them, as you have effectively broken my site, ignored my request for immediate correction, and left me with hours of work with a downed site.

• Len

@Mac

My site is not now working properly. Many of the functions are disabled or broken. While I do not have an exact list of the plug-ins that were activated, I have noticed that some of the plug-ins that were disabled before are now enabled, and some of the plug-ins that were enabled before are now disabled.

Please correct this issue and confirm.

I will follow other instructions once I'm able to get to my computer.

• Len

@Mac @PC @Ashok

Please see the email I sent you. The problem seems to be caused, so far, from one PDF file that won't upload, even to the test site. And other PDF files are uploading fine on the live site, even with all the plugins running... so I am wondering why you are having issues there? It seems MarketPress wants to upload some files but not others???

There are several other issues addressed in my email concerning MarketPress bugs, and I look forward to correcting these. Please see email, mark all the issues, and advise.

Thanks

• PC

Hey there Len,

Thanks for posting back.

Perhaps its the way the .pdf is coded. I downloaded it on my computer and then uploaded it on my lab site and it works fine. Then I tried on your lab site and it works fine there as well. Link sent in email.

Perhaps uploading from you computer and downloading on mine change the way the file was coded ? Sent an attached copy in email should you want to try now.

I will check on other issues while you are testing the file.

Looking forward for your response.

Cheers, PC

• Len

@Mac @PC

Okay, the problem file you sent back to me worked on the live site with the plugins all active. I noticed you changed the file's name. The original file had an apostrophe ('), and the renamed file had a dash (-) replacing it. So, the problem seems to have been that the MarketPress uploader could not recognize certain symbols in the file name (like an apostrophe), which prevented the upload. This error in MarketPress will need to be addressed in an update.

What is bothersome is that you claim that other files cannot be uploaded while my plugins are active, while I am not having an issue with other files. You will need to test what is causing this and advise, so I or others don't run into the problem you are having in the future.

I am also looking forward to the other issues with MarketPress I addressed with you that were caused when you disabled my plugins.

Looking forward to hearing back. It looks like this issue is close to being resolved.

• Len

@Jonathan

Thank you for your reply and explanation. But I'm wondering, is there anyway for you or another programer here to fix the bug in the core WP uploader within a MarketPress update? While I see now it is a WP issue, it does affect the functionality of MarketPress, and it would certainly be a chance to show the WP coders how to get a bug fixed that is a year and a half old.

Just wondering if its possible. If not, understandable. If so, great!

• PC

Hello there Len,

Thanks for writing back.

Unfortunately its not something we can fix and get included in the WordPress release as a MarketPress update.

If you sort that thread by newest comments you will see that they are working on it as the last update was 2 days ago by Ipstenu "I still get the httpd error message with PHP 5.4.x and 3.9
    Even just a flag "Invalid Filename" would be friendlier."

So I think they should include something in the next version.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.