WHMCS integration cURL error 28

Upon choosing a plan, my users are frequently getting this error:

WHMCS Integration: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 2000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received.

What is causing this? Please advise. It only happens some times and for some users.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Brandon,

I hope you are well today.

It sounds like your host has the time limit set a bit too restrictive. Can you contact your host and ask them to increase the timeout for connections? 2000ms is equivalent to only 2 seconds.

If the problem persists after they increase this limit, please let us know so we can dig into this further for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Brandon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Now I'm getting this error:

The file public_html/billing/cart.php requires the ionCubePHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube loader wizard to assist with installation.

This is a totally new error and has not come up before.

Mind you, I've had this installation working for 6 months without any updates.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Brandon,

It sounds as though when they changed the timeout they must have removed the ionCube loader. This is not something we can fix, but must be handled by the web host. If you have WHM access, you can go through the steps listed in the following article to determine if ionCube loader is installed and how to configure it. Otherwise your host will need to do this for you.

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/requires-the-ioncube-php-loader-ioncube_loader_lin_5-2-so-to-be-installed-by-the-website-operator.370721/

Best regards,

James Morris

• Brandon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The ionCube loader problem was solved by changing the PHP version from 7.1 to 5.6 for the website files. However, all files within the WHMCS installation itself are still set to continue to use PHP version 7.0.

The original problem is now recurring on my website:

I continue to get this error at various phases of the checkout process using the WHMCS integration plugin:
    WHMCS Integration: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 2004 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

Why is this continuing to happen even after the change to 3 seconds outlined above?

I greatly appreciate your help.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Brandon,

I apologize for the delay in responding. I did some searching around and found the following thread on WHMCS Support. https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?36939-CURL-Error-28-connect()-timed-out!&p=181900#post181900

To summarize here:

Please see the following reasons why you might be receiving the Curl error;

-Server too busy dealing with other requests
    -Server taking more than 150 seconds to provision the account
    -Server site IP address does not match the WHM server details
    -Server doesn't exist

Things you might need to check are the following;

-Firewall on your server blocking the requests from WHMCS
    -Enabling SSL mode on your servers by going to Setup > Servers > Edit.

Later in that thread, a user commented that it was their firewall blocking the connection. That very well could be the cause. Can you check the above and see if this leads to a solution?

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.