[UPTIME] 503 SERVICE UNAVAILABLE

I got issues with 3 of my sites in the HUB which say: 503 SERVICE UNAVAILABLE.

Sites work correctly when wpmu dev IP’s are whitelist.

I got this issue in past https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/hub-says-that-my-site-is-down but with no response.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Jesus !

Hope you are having a great day!

I’m sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. I have sent a report to the Uptime developers so that they can take a closer look at the issue. They’ll be back to us with clues and workarounds for now in this ticket (or we’ll be updating the ticket as soon as we hear back from them internally). Please note that the response time of the developers might be a bit delayed than that of the general Support staff. We really appreciate your patience regarding this.

Kind regards,

Nahid

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Jesus !

Hope you are doing well today!

Our Uptime developers have taken a closer look into the issue. According to their investigation, there’s nothing out of the blue on Uptime’s side of things. Moreover, the error code suggests that it is not an issue with blocked IP addresses.

After receiving their confirmation, we took an even closer look into the issue. We tested the site using the Geopeeker tool. It seems your site takes close to/over 30 seconds to respond at some locations. Our Uptime servers send requests to your site for response from multiple locations and if it doesn’t respond within 30 seconds, the Hub reports the site as down.

In this scenario, I’d recommend you to get in touch with your server administration, request them to test the server response times with the Geopeeker tool and investigate accordingly.

Hope this helps. We’ll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Nahid

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Jesus,

hope you’re doing well today! :slight_smile:

The difference can be the different set of active plugins and themes, as well as the total traffic of the website. All of these are affecting the response time, so you should inspect this in a per-installation case, not per-server.

Hope that was some help!

Thank you,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.