Uptime bringing up a 406 error.

Uptime is bringing up a 406 error. But the website is OK, running well. Recheck doesn't make any difference. I think it is a false positive, Please help!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Alicia

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The 406 error can be caused by the number of reasons but in general, it means that the site returned wrong HTTP response code ("not acceptable").

In case of your site, when I'm checking it with various tools from outside, it seem to be returning valid code ("200 OK") so that should be fine. Therefore, I would expect that something's blocking uptime check - that might be some firewall on server or just because of the server configuration: blocked pings or access for range of IPs/host. That's just a thought so far, though.

Having that said, I'd like to ask you if you could actually get in touch with your host and ask them if they are aware of anything that could be blocking that and/or if they could check server logs against it.

Additionally, it would be a great test if you could set just a basic (simplest, default) WP without any other plugins than just Hummingbird and WPMU DEV Dashboard and configuration no different than default one. Such site should be on the very same server (e.g. in some sub-folder on a sub-domain). Enabling Uptime for it would clearly show us whether this is a server issue or something related to the site and/or on our end.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.