Uptime feature understanding….

Hi,

Nice the new features for members.

When trying the uptime feature I get this message by one of my sites:

Your domain does not appear to be publicly accessible on the Internet.

I donot understand it… it appears when trying to activate it to the site h4bs.com…

but for the site shop.h4bs.com it is working….

How can I get it working for both of them.

Thanks!

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @mpress, I hope you are well today!

I’m sorry to hear you have this issue.

I’ve checked the Uptime

This is related to the DNS hosting service, are you getting this message all the time, ar in some periods of time?

May I ask you what Uprime Application you are using?

Do you have any security – firewall plugins installed on your main domain? Try to disable them and test again.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,

Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @mpress, I hope you are doing well today!

My apologies, I didn’t understand it at first that you are using WPMU DEV Uptime features. Please note, that this feature is still in working progress so we may need small fixes to make.

I tested this feature with my site, got the same error while testing site located in the subfolder, on the same domain name. This means that our servers couldn’t establish connection with the DNS service.

This issue was gone after my second retry. Please try and test it again :slight_smile:

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,

Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @mpress, I trust this message finds you well!

I have pinged your website, and it gave me no errors.

Would you please send to us the h4bs.com credentials, so we can have a look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Anastasia

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Select “I have a different question” for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Awaiting for your answer!

Cheers,

Nastia

• toneratdo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hope you are fine,

Hi, I have also the “Your domain does not appear to be publicly accessible on the Internet” on all my websites. I use also the last WPMUDEV updates etc. Do i understand right that’s this feature is stil not full functional?

Thank you for your answer

• Jaxom
    • Dragon Rider

The Uptime feature is still a work in progress People, this has been said before.

I have found it easier to turn it off on my live sites and just run it on our test bed while the work in progress is progressing. Be patient people the WPMU team will get there.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @toneratdo

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn’t confuse the issue here.

Hi, I have also the “Your domain does not appear to be publicly accessible on the Internet” on all my websites.

Would you please open a new ticket and describe under what circumstamces you seeing this message? Is it when you are running the blacklist scan with Defender plugin?

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thank you!

Cheers,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.