Uptime monitor says website down but its up

The Hub > uptime monitor says website down but its up? Also, some issue with reporting on the analytics from the WPMUDEV dashboard. It seems some of my network sites don't get analitics.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Avatar

I hope you're well today!

The Uptime reports site as down because when it checks it, the site responds with "404 Not Found" HTTP status. "Not found" status is meant to basically mean "this site does not exist" and such message is considered the same as site being down. It's what should happen.

The issue here is current site configuration of main site. Main site of your multisite was set to use a static page as homepage while no page was selected as a homepage there.

I have selected the page titled "Home" to be set as frontpage and flushed server cache and now the site no longer reports 404 Not Found error and is properly detected as begin up and running.

Please note: since the site is bilingual you will want to add translations to your pages, especially to the homepage and "blog" page so WPML could properly handle language versions. It's worth remembering that changing any configuration options on the site/in the plugins might require object cache on server to be flushed also for the changes to be reflected.

As for analytics issues - what sub-sites are affected by this?

Best regards,
    Adam

• The Bug Hunter

Thanks for the server cach flush.
    I also noticed I needed to flush/reset my wpml database, to get my home page going again.
    But I still experience a Wordfence issue with the wpmudev dashboard analytics graph. Which is not showing on any of my network sites. Only if I disable it, the graph appears. But I contacted support about that and they made a seperate ticket.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Avatar

But I still experience a Wordfence issue with the wpmudev dashboard analytics graph.

Oh, you mean the issue when if WordFence is active on site, lines on WPMU DEV Dashboard Analytics graphs do not show up?

We've already got that on a bug list. This is actually related to some JS libraries that WordFence is using (mostly a "versioning" thing) after some recent updates. Our developers are looking into it already. While I don't have an ETA I'm pretty sure they'll be able to solve that quite soon :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.