Uptime Monitor stats don't add up

Hello,

The issue is with the Uptime Monitor. I see that the stats don't match the data below. For example it says my website has been down for a total of more than 2 hours. When you look at the times it went down it adds up to 34. If I change the date range to Month, it gets close to what it really is. If I select week for the date range it's way off. I've had it active for less than a week.

This is a great plugin, and I've been looking at some services like this one. Knowing you guys added this to your long list of tools is great! Any plans on expanding on it? Like getting an email when the website goes down rather than when it goes back up?

Best regards,

Paul

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Paul, Michael here!

On this:

The issue is with the Uptime Monitor.

I see that the stats don't match the data below. For example it says my website has been down for a total of more than 2 hours. When you look at the times it went down it adds up to 34.

If I change the date range to Month, it gets close to what it really is. If I select week for the date range it's way off. I've had it active for less than a week.

I'm seeing similar results over on my end, I'll bring this up to the developer.

This is a great plugin, and I've been looking at some services like this one. Knowing you guys added this to your long list of tools is great! Any plans on expanding on it? Like getting an email when the website goes down rather than when it goes back up?

You should already be getting an email when the site goes down, I'd advise taking a peek at your spam box, if you haven't already done so.

The subject line should be like this:

Your site http://example.com is back up

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Updates from the developer:

On the Uptime Monitor:

The total downtime is often different from what the events say. The events
    only fire when 2 consecutive pings fail, but events list counts from the
    first missed ping.

On the downtime emails:

Down emails were disabled for a few days while we were working on fixing
    false alarms.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Paul
    • The Incredible Plugin Injector

Hello Michael,

Thanks for getting back. I'm noticing now that I get Website is down emails, and check the Monitor, it says the website is down, I try and access it and it's actually up. It even says down for 6 minutes but it was never down (at least not in my eyes) :disappointed:

Just wanted to let you know. A new plugin needs a few tweaks. Wish you guys the best with this!

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @paul179

You can use the forums to report bugs .. just open a ticket like you did here, a great help would be if you open one ticket per bug report and that way its really easy for us to track and get dev feedback,

Also yes we encourage and appreciate bug reports. We'll be happy to send points your way for the efforts and you can redeem them for SWAG shortly.

Hope that clarifies

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.