Uptime Notification Email Issue

Uptime Monitor is not sending downtime email notifications. I had my server down for a couple of times today. But I didn’t receive any downtime notification email.

I’ve checked in junk/spam box, nothing regarding this is there. I also have “Notification” toggle enabled in the Uptime tab in the Hub.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Brenda

This is very unfortunate, sorry about that. We need some more information.

Do you get other email sent from hub?

What is the email domain you are using?

And what is the time zone you are using? Sometimes it takes some time to reach the email due to time zone mismatch.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Alexandre
    • New Recruit

Hello. I have the same problem. Sometimes my site stops responding. I see it in the server logs as well as in the reports of my crawler that runs every day. However, I do not receive any notification from you. Moreover, when I look at the data in the tab "uptime" I am told that the site was always available. So, on one side the server logs and my crawler tell me that the site is not available on the other hand "The Hub" says that the site is available.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Alexandre

Uptime sends a ping request to your server in a certain interval(~ 2mins) and if it doesn’t get a response of ping, it marks as unavailable, if uptime gets a response, then consider as available. Now, if the server is down for a very short time and that happens during the interval, then uptime can’t be aware of that downtime, so it doesn’t report.

However, would you please create a new thread so that we can deal with your issue separately? Also, please include the duration of the downtime you got from other report.

You can create a new ticket here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.