Uptime: Site down for 54 days?!?

I ran updates this afternoon from the Hub for my sites. When I logged in, there was no alert from Uptime. But after running the updates and backing up my site, Uptime now says that my site has been down for 54 days? It's not. I checked using an incognito window and the maintenance page that I have up currently comes up fine. Why is Uptime saying my site is down? Because of the maintenance page? :confused:

• James Morris

Hello Enduring Epilepsy (Katrina),

I hope you are well today.

Yes, Maintenance Pages will cause Uptime to report that a site is down. The reason for this is most Maintenance Pages will set the HTTP Response Header of the page to 503, which means temporarily unavailable. The purpose behind this is to instruct search engines that the content should not be indexed at this time, but will later be available. Check back later.

However, since Uptime checks for a Response Header of 200 (everything is OK), anything but this response can cause Uptime to report that the site is down.

After so many checks, Uptime will no longer report that the site is down because it is assumed that the owner will know the site is down after x tries. This is done to take into account such things as Maintenance Pages.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.