Urgent domain mapping error

hi, Im having a problem with domain mapping plugin.. When i add a domain it just refreshes the page... i turned debug on and got .
: Trying to get property of non-object in Notice/home/httpd/vhosts/tec6.co.uk/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping/domain-mapping.php on line 485

I have sunrised defined in the palce you say.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings c6bro,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

The first problem I see is the fact the site is not on a dedicated IP and though probably not the problem at this moment I believe it will be.

Reverse IP Lookup Results—18 domains hosted on IP address 88.208.229.127
    Web Site
    11m.net
    ainscoughs.com
    au-uk.com
    AND 15 other domains…

When i add a domain it just refreshes the page

When you try to add what domain to what sub site?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• c6bro
    • New Recruit

hi, Thanks for the reply.

Im on a dedicated IP. Its my server running linux with plesk. All those domains are mine isn.

I have got a wordpress multisite setup on that ip and is all running well. If I use the mu domain mapping which is available through wordpress plugins it works fine. I guess the version which you supply is a modified version to work in conjunction with other things like Pro Sites.

However when I use your version it just refreshes the page when i try and add a domain to a site.. As if the sunshine ref is in the wrong place.

does the script do a check to see if the domain is setup on dns correctly before it adds it..

Hope this helps a bit more.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings c6bro,

Thank you for the further clarification.

That is the problem, you cannot have a dedicated IP for a domain and then have other domains on the IP ... lol ... now it is a shared IP - shared by the other domains on the server and it is irrelevant to if you own the domains or not.

But this may not be the bottom line problem since you have mentioned Donncha's plugin works fine.

But also the sunrise.php file may indeed be different between the two versions, actually it is almost certain.

Have you compared the file sizes?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going threw some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.