Urgent help required: BP account registration not working on IE

Hi Guys,

I recently upgraded to the latest versions of WP/BP from BP 1.2.6 and WP 3.0.3 and since then visitors can not sign-up to the site on IE. I had this problem before and fixed it, but I can't for the life of me remember how. I'm guessing I must've changed some core BP files to fix it and the update has simply overwritten the fix.

Web page error details as follows:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:10:19 UTC

Line: 1

Char: 1

Code: 0

URI: http://www.eqlife.co.uk/js/jquery.dropdown.js

Site can be found at http://www.eqlife.co.uk.

Server Details
Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l
PHP/5.3.1
MySQL client version: mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 289630 $

The site is currently live and being promoted heavily so any help in resolving the issue would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!

• Julian Evans

Update.

I've turned de-bugging on which throws up the following errors on test.eqlife.co.uk/register. I've removed depreciation errors and a few errors that I'm sure are not related to the sign-up process.

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-catchuri.php on line 85
    Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-catchuri.php on line 158
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$displayed_user in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core.php on line 1070
    Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core.php on line 1070
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$profile in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile/bp-xprofile-classes.php on line 816
    Notice: Constant BP_XPROFILE_BASE_GROUP_NAME already defined in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile.php on line 101
    Notice: Constant BP_XPROFILE_FULLNAME_FIELD_NAME already defined in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile.php on line 102
    Notice: Undefined index: fileupload_maxk in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-avatars.php on line 35
    Notice: Use of undefined constant the_database_user_id - assumed 'the_database_user_id' in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-config.php on line 109
    Notice: Use of undefined constant the_database_user_id - assumed 'the_database_user_id' in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-config.php on line 110
    Notice: Undefined index: bp-message in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core.php on line 1365
    Notice: Undefined index: bp-message-type in /sharedstorage/sites/www.eq24.co.uk/ht_docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core.php on line 1368

Are any of the above issues likely to be the root cause of the issue?

• Julian Evans

Hi Richie,

Thanks for the response, I've managed to now fix the bug. Just for the record, it was an auto-update.

In the end I just had to create a completely fresh install on the same server set-up and install plug-ins one-by-one to see if it was a conflict with any plug-ins. It wasn't. I then updated the standard BP theme section by section to identify where in the theme template mark-up the problem was, turns it out it was something to do with the register.php file - rather than de-bug though it was simply easier to just re-build the page from scratch.

I'm guessing it was something to do with having no username though on the sign-up form, the site uses the wp-email-login plug-in. So users now have to define a username although they won't actually see it in use anywhere on the site.

Thanks for your support all the same though mate!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.