[Urgent] Membership Levels Clarity

Hi,

I am trying to setup membership based on courses. Example Say we have - Course1, Course2, Course3 etc.

Course1 - trial (14days), Euro30(1month recurring for 3 months), Euro80 (one time for 3 months)

Course2 - trial (14days), Euro25(1month recurring for 3 months), Euro60 (one time for 3 months)

Course3 - trial (14days), Euro40(1month recurring for 2 months), Euro70 (one time for 2 months)

Can you guide me how to achieve this, may be a step by step would be helpful! What would be the best possibility here?

Thanks,
Puneetha

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @Puneetha K,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

To create such a setup I'd go this way:

1. Set all your courses as free
    2. Create two membership and name them e.g. "Access to Course 1 - One time payment" and "Access to Course 2 - Recurring payment" (of course you may name these memberships whatever you wish but it would be good to help user easily recognize what is what)
    3. Configure first membership as payed and setup it up as "One payment for permanent access" with a "Payment Amount" of 80 euro.
    4. Configure second membership as payed and set it up as "Recurring payments" with a "Payment Amount of 30 euro, a "Payment Frequency" of 30 days and a "Total Payments" number of three.
    5. On the "Membership 2" -> "Add-ons" page, please enable the "Trial Period" extension
    6. Go back to the membership configuration and setup a Trial Period of 14 days for both memberships
    7. On the "Membership 2" -> "Protection Rules" page go to the "Custom Post Types" tab and add both your newly created memberships to this post types: course, unit, module, certificates, module_response, discussions

Repeat this for each of your courses and you should end-up with a setup that you've described in your question.

I hope that helps!
    Cheers,
    Adam

• Puneetha K

Thanks.. How about making trial membership separately? Means, i want to give option to user for trial or paid subscription. It shouldn't be compulsory addition that if they select a membership type the the billing is done only after trial period. We would like to provide option directly for paid membership.

if someone selects trial, the paypal authentication has to go through and automatically charged for next billing date. Else, if they want they can directly go for paid.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Puneetha K.

I hope you're well today!

Let me first update my previous post if you don't mind:

2. Create two membership and name them e.g. "Access to Course 1 - One time payment" and "Access to Course 2 - Recurring payment" (of course you may name these memberships whatever you wish but it would be good to help user easily recognize what is what)

Of course I meant "Course 1" in both cases. The steps I described are for single course and should be repeated for each course separately :slight_smile:

As for your recent question.

Sure you can do this. It will though increase the number of memberships you'd need to create. Let's stick to the example of "Course 1":

1. Create "one time payment" membership "Course 1 - one time payment", price E80
    2. Create recurring membership "Course 1 - Recurring", price E30/mo, number of payments 3
    3. Create free membership "Course 1 - Trial", access structure "Finite access", grant access for 14 days
    4. Go to "Membership 2" -> "Protection Rules" page
    5. Instead of "Custom post types" rules use "URL Restrictions" (you may want to enable "URL Protection" add-on first on "Membership 2" -> "Add ons" page):

assuming your Course 1 main URL is "mydamain.com/courses/course-1" add this URL to the "URL Restrictions" list (without http prefix) and assign all these three memberships to it.

As you can see it's even simpler than I previously described, though you will want to repeat it of course for each Course :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Puneetha,

Unfortunately there is no way you could stop users from abusing free trial system, you could try with IP blocking but this is easily bypassed with proxy and most visitors have dynamic IP address assigned by their ISP.

Having quality content will make you users go for paid plans, and there will always be some people trying to find loopholes but it shouldn't be in that number that could affect your business.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.