Urgent!! Membership plugin locked me out as a super admin!!

When using my only admin account I have, tested the subscriptions page and clicked to upgrade to a free account. Now I don't have access to all of the admin dashboard stuff. I'm locked out!

I can't disable the membership plugin, or anything because I do not have access to that section. I also can't delete the plugin manually because it will mess up my website which is already publically available, and I don't want to lose all the subscribed members, settings, etc.

Please help! I think WPMU dev support is still active (activated it yesterday) from another issue, but it doesn't have much time left over so this is definitely a time sensitive issue!

Please help!

• Jenni McKinnon
    • Recruit

Under membership > all members, I dropped the subscription in hopes that it would fix the issue, but now I'm just listed as the super admin, and yet I do not have admin capabilities!!

What's worse, the ultimate branding plugin (which I can't access, either) is seet to remove everything from the dashboard, so I can't even find a way around all this.

I only have access to the dashboard, media, and profile sections, and the eNewsletter, and membership plugins.

I don't remember if I clicked "renew" or "upgrade" on the subscriptions page when I was logged into the admin account (rather than the test account, oops!), but I clicked one of those buttons and that's when it all happened.

I also verified the tables, and everything came back fine, so I didn't try to repair the tables, as I didn't want there to be a chance I could mess things up any further.

Update:

Followed this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/locked-myself-out-as-admin

Went into my database, found wp_capabilities under wp_usermeta and cleared out:
    a:14:{s:15:"membershipadmin";b:1;s:24:"membershipadmindashboard";b:1;s:22:"membershipadminmembers";b:1;s:21:"membershipadminlevels";b:1;s:28:"membershipadminsubscriptions";b:1;s:22:"membershipadmincoupons";b:1;s:24:"membershipadminpurchases";b:1;s:29:"membershipadmincommunications";b:1;s:21:"membershipadmingroups";b:1;s:20:"membershipadminpings";b:1;s:23:"membershipadmingateways";b:1;s:22:"membershipadminoptions";b:1;s:32:"membershipadminupdatepermissions";b:1;s:10:"subscriber";b:1;}

and replaced it with the suggested:

a:2:{s:15:"membershipadmin";s:1:"1";s:13:"administrator";s:1:"1";}

So all seems to be well now, the issue on my end is resolved, but seems like you guys need to test out the issue for yourself to confirm the bug. I'll leave this topic unresolved so you guys can take a look at this and see if there is in fact, an issue still here.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @niniane

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Please try the following:

1. Login to your cpanel and navigate to phpmyadmin.
    2. Keep a backup of your database, so that if you mess up again you can import.
    3. Click on SQL tab and run the following query

select * from wp_usermeta where user_id=1 and meta_key='wp_capabilities';

Replace wp_ with your wordpress db prefix
    4. Edit the result row and put this in the value
    a:1:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;}
    5. Save and check.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Jenni McKinnon
    • Recruit

Hey, thanks @Ashok

I updated my last post just as you typed a new one I guess. I fixed the issue already. I didn't understand the other thread from sheer panic, but I ended up figuring it out.

However, I replaced the text with:

a:2:{s:15:"membershipadmin";s:1:"1";s:13:"administrator";s:1:"1";}

instead of what you suggested. Should I change it to what you suggested, instead?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Wow, great! And your code is fine, as your account is added as a membership admin too. From my code, your code will get only admin access and you had to assign membership admin to you manually.

And this is really awesome that you figured it out :slight_smile:

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more question.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Would you please follow my first reply and use the following data in edit?

a:14:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;s:15:"membershipadmin";b:1;s:24:"membershipadmindashboard";b:1;s:22:"membershipadminmembers";b:1;s:21:"membershipadminlevels";b:1;s:28:"membershipadminsubscriptions";b:1;s:22:"membershipadmincoupons";b:1;s:24:"membershipadminpurchases";b:1;s:29:"membershipadmincommunications";b:1;s:21:"membershipadmingroups";b:1;s:20:"membershipadminpings";b:1;s:23:"membershipadmingateways";b:1;s:22:"membershipadminoptions";b:1;s:32:"membershipadminupdatepermissions";b:1;}

Let us know if that works.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.