Urgent: Registration Flow Not Working Due To Automatic Login Not Working

Hi, I'm desperately trying to fix this:

On my site, the registration flow was working before. But recently, the automatic login after registration doesn't work anymore - which means users are then forwarded again to the registration page instead of being forwarded to the payment page.

I found this problem referenced in another thread which hinted the problem could be w3 total cache - I've uninstalled this completely using the references in this thread. But the problem is still there.

We've got a promotion coming up in a couple of hours - if I cannot get this fixed I will lose money.

Jonathan

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jonathan,

Please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart).
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Also would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this? But please run first conflict test.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jonathan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kasia,

Thanks for the reply - I forgot to mention:

I already tested most if not all plugins by turning them off individually. No luck.

I'm granting you access - please be careful as this site is live.

The webinar with the promotion is starting in around 80 minutes - if we cannot get this fixed I will send a detailed description on how to get in for the rebated price. I would very much prefer to get this fixed before.

Best,
    Jonathan

• Jonathan

Sorry to be a pain but this is really frustrating - I've tried for hours figuring this out and really need help.

Some more info on this: This only happens when the browser is "fresh", meaning it wasn't logged in before. The user is created but the automatic login isn't done. If the browser has been logged in to any account, then logged out, this works.

Sadly, new registrants have not been logged in.

It actually seems to be a bug in your plugin - can you please check this on another installation?

Jonathan

• Jonathan

Ok, I have identified the problem and fixed it for now:

I have disabled Varnish caching on the server and all seems to be working now.

However, this is not an ideal solution. I will leave it off for now, ut am asking for advice.

Jonathan

• Jonathan

Wow - who marked this as resolved? I didn't and it's not!

This is an incompatibility with a popular caching solution on many servers. Deactivating Varnish is not a solution, it's a workaround - and not a good one.

With continuously improving server stacks, this is bound to happen more often to users. I stated above that I am asking for advice!

Jonathan

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jonathan

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I do apologize if this was marked as resolved from our end. Currently I see the status of this thread as "Unresolved".

Can you please exclude the registration page from inside your varnish configuration? To know more how you can exclude pages from varnish caching, you can check this article: http://info.varnish-software.com/blog/step-step-speed-wordpress-varnish-software

Go to point number 9 in this article. There they have given example of how you can exclude different pages from caching.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to provide continuous support as long as this issue is not resolved.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.