URGENT Registration page directs to main page… XProlife is missing

Hi Support-Team,

please help to get signup including XProfile fields displayed again.

Last activity done with membership2PRO was from your colleague Sajid who figured out, that messages on our sub domains related to blogs and/or BuddyPress… please view last support request few days ago.

We checked membership2 Pro settings, which are correctly set up. We also de-/reactivated BuddyPress but this step did not solve the issue either.

Looking forward hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Prinz,

I was trying to replicate this on my installation but had no luck, and on your site I’m welcomed with the under construction page when I try to test your registration page.

Can you tell me which plugin are you using to disable access to the site so we can turn it off and test this?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Good morning Predrag,

thanks for supporting in this matter. Unfortunately you logged me out and am now unable to access the Network Admin area of my multisite. Please , please allow access as super admin again…

Access to main site is possible so I could at least disable “under construction” mode.

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Just to update you:

Luckily with the provider support help I now have NETWORK ADMIN access again. This issue is solved for now and as mentioned before “construction mode” is off (done by tick/untick under Child Theme GENERAL setting on main page).

Looking forward to get with your kind support finally membership2 PRO setup and working like it should be.

Cheers

Prinz

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Prinz,

I hope you're well and you don't mind that's me again :slight_smile:

I've checked your site against BuddyPress settings. What I've noticed is that although the BuddyPress signup page itself is displayed as it should be, there's simply no BuddyPress (XProfile) fields added.

Since I don't know what fields would you like to display, I cannot fix this out of the box. However, the fix here should be fairly easy.

In your "Network Admin" please go to this page:

"Users" -> "Profile fields"

Take a look at the screenshot, please: there's a "Add new field" button – use it to add as many additional fields as you wish. These fields will be shown on the signup page.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Adam

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Adam,

sorry to bother you again but if “adding fields” would be the solution of this severe issue I do assure you I would not asking for support at all.

As you can see in attached screenshots, we added once additional Profile Fields, they should be visible in the database (unfortunately we do not know for which table we have to search). Also, unluckily (as shown in screenshot) only three previously entered Profile Fields are visible but there was a bunch more fields like all address fields (Street, State, postal code etc.) and Phone, or DOB etc.

We are concerned if the ADD FIELD button would relate to basic user profile and we now would reenter new fields that would cause certainly huge additional troubles within database, wouldn’t you agree?

Fact is, the ADD FIELD button for basic profile is missing… the existing ADD FIELD button relates to adding fields to GROUPS.

Now I urge you dearly, please – please fix this problem shortly.

Looking forward hearing from you soon.

Cheers, Prinz

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Prinz,

I hope you’re having a nice day!

I think I misunderstood you at first, I apologize. However, it seems like despite this fact my advise is actually a solution. Here’s why :slight_smile:

For a standard (both single and multisite) WordPress installs BuddyPress XProfile fields would be stored in these database tables (replace “wp_” with your custom db prefix defined in wp-config.php file):

wp_bp_xprofile_fields

wp_bp_xprofile_groups

wp_bp_xprofile_data

wp_bp_xprofile_meta

The first one stores information about fields created, the second one stores information about fields groups and the third one stores the actual data.

As your site’s using the Multi-DB plugin to split database to multiple parts, there are so called “global” tables defined and these are common for all blogs (sub-sites). BP xprofile tables are among them.

To access BP xprofile fileds inside your database directly you may want to use phpMyAdmin, find the “_global” database (on the list in the left column) and open it. You’ll see these aforementioned tables there, prefixed with your custom db prefix.

That said, I’ve examined these tables and actually there no fields in the database. Unfortunately, there’s no way to tell why. Either someone tried to change BuddyPress Xprofile settings or they got lost due to other issues. So far, I can only say that it doesn’t have anything to do with theme changes (because these changes aren’t at all related to the database) and Revolution Slider changes (because these also didn’t include any direct database manipulation).

There are indeed some fields left for one user but only these three. I must admit that I’m not sure why these remained intact despite the fact all other are lost.

The only solution here to make use of BuddyPress XProfile fields is to add them back via dashboard, therefore letting users fill them in during singup and/or edit on their profile pages. This is most unfortunate, indeed.

There’s however another way. Have you archived older database backups? I’ve checked your server and there are only recent three dated 28th (x 2) and 29th of June. If I could get my hands on previous backup dated before you’ve noticed that the fields are missing, it would be possible to extract the fields that existed then (along with all the data) and import to your current database.

Please advise!

Cheers,

Adam

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Adam,

that’s really very kind of you digging into this issue once again. The oldest backup we have stored on the server is this one… /db_backups/db_20150626_1900.sql.gz

Unfortunately we can’t determine exactly since when we are missing our xProfile fields, as we didn’t look at our user registration since a long while. Theonly we remember is that we Registered on: May 13, 2015 @ 13:17 zwergonomy (as Testuser), that profile had all those missing fields.

We remember too, we changed early June from Protected Content to M2 PRO… but, because since than we run for a long while into several problems, that’s why we didn’t do anything related to registering new user.

The second last issue had with m2 PRO was the one https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/since-recent-update-of-membership2-pro#post-904995

after this was solved last Friday we recognized first time that the form ‘register new member’ was not proper working including missing fields.

Today we searched for the ‘global’ database you mentioned and it’s there, named…

wp_iayq_bp_xprofile_data

I hope all this information helps.

Once again big thanks to you Adam, for taking on this case.

Looking forward hearing from you again.

Cheers

Prinz

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Prinz!

Actually, I know these tables are there but the issue is that there’s no data (apart from these 3 fields for one user) there. That’s why I cannot do anything about it, unless I have a database backup that includes this missing data.

I’ve downloaded the last available backup and examined the file. Although I’d love to have a good news for your rather than what I’m about to say, I must say that there’s unfortunately no data for missing fields. This means that the only way to deal with the issue is to setup all these fields again and then ask users to fill them in.

I’m very sorry I’m not able to help you more than that but this case is most unfortunate one. As for why did this happened: I can speak for myself that none of my recent changes were database/BuddyPress related and judging upon @sajid‘s solution from the thread you mentioned – these changes wasn’t related to database too.

There’s one more thing imho worth trying: could you please ask your hosting provider if there are additional backups? Some providers do create backups every once in a while, regardless of any users-maintained backup solutions.

Let me know please!

Cheers,

Adam

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Adam,

with exception of one desireable three super admin user (2x wpmu dev and myself) we even can delete and re-enter those user as they are all my colleagues and luckily they don’t mind to register once again.x

Also entering upfront in XProfile those missing fields is also not such time consuming…

BUT it’s impossible to delete my own profile as I wouldn’t have any access to the application anymore. Also… in that global-user database are then already three fields in… First Name, Second Name and email. How would we have to deal with that to avoid getting in conflict with them?

However, before we can do that it is important being able to enter any additional profile fields with the help of xprofile plugin. Please will you be so kind to fix this plugin as an expert in order that we are able to redo those entries… that would be really fabulous.

Thanks for taking on this case.

Cheers

Prinz

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Prinz!

BUT it’s impossible to delete my own profile as I wouldn’t have any access to the application anymore. Also… in that global-user database are then already three fields in… First Name, Second Name and email. How would we have to deal with that to avoid getting in conflict with them?

If you manage to recreate the “missing fields” from your site’s backend (dashboard) you should then be able to either edit them as any other user would or in case adding fields would remove existing data, you will be able to fill them in again.

However, before we can do that it is important being able to enter any additional profile fields with the help of xprofile plugin. Please will you be so kind to fix this plugin as an expert in order that we are able to redo those entries… that would be really fabulous.

I apologize but I’m getting a bit lost here. As far as I can tell the plugin (I mean BuddyPress) seems to be working fine now. You should be able to easily add fields and these fields will show up on sign up page. After sign up fields should be visible/accessible by the user.

That said, if I’m missing something here, please advise!

Cheers,

Adam

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

The issue was always xProfile plugin also relates to New Member registration as part of membership2 PRO!

Just entering a testfield in GROUP field and adding you as a user….

instead recognizing that the PROFILE section has no ADD FIELD function anymore, as mentioned several time above (starting with Titel/Headline)

asking us for for further advice???????

simply: NO further comment!

Sincerely

Prinz

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Prinz!

I’m very sorry I didn’t help you this time and please accept my sincere apologies if I offended you in any way. If I did, I’m sorry, I assure you I would never do this intentionally!

The issue was always xProfile plugin also relates to New Member registration as part of membership2 PRO!

Just entering a testfield in GROUP field and adding you as a user….

instead recognizing that the PROFILE section has no ADD FIELD function anymore, as mentioned several time above (starting with Titel/Headline)

I do understand what’s the issue about and I’m trying to help you as much as possible. However, just as I’ve already said, I’ve checked both your site and your database and there’s simply no xprofile fields defined and no associated data stored.

There’s no archived data inside the backups available on the server. That said, I really cannot regenerate this fields and data for you.

However, if you could please describe what fields were there (which are missing) and what was the default behavior of these fields, I would happily try to set these up for you. I won’t be able to bring back any data but I’m sure I can help you with setting this up.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.