Urgent - Ultimate Facebook Problem: "User registration is currently not allowed."

When I try to register / login through facebook, its giving this error - "User registration is currently not allowed". Kindly rectify this problem immediately. Its very urgent. I am getting this error in both the scenarios of multisite as well as single site.

This plugin seems to have this problem for many months now. Even my other friends who have been using your plugins for a long time have reported me this issue.

Kindly rectify this issue immediately. If necessary, I will provide access to my test site for immediate resolution. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

• Sajid

Hi @iDiya,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

We have reported a similar issue before and I got the same error message at that time. But after some time it started working. I reported this behaviour to the developer and here is what he said.

It seems that in the request send to FB to get the profile fields as name, first name, id, email, ... the email field is empty. To avoid that error, that does not come from the fact the user registration is not allowed, but come from a bad message send to user, user must :
    - go to his FB account settings page, add a new email under "general / email" and make it primary.
    - make the previous email primary again and delete the added email so the configuration stay the same.

Please try it out and let me know the results.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• iDiya

Hi @Sajid,

First of all, this not the right way to solve the problem! Asking all my existing and future users to add a new email address and changing it back to original email address is simply ridiculous and does not make any sense at all ! There is a very serious bug in your plugin. Please address that first. This plugin has been buggy in this way for many months now. For a company of your reputation, keeping an important plugin buggy for such a long time is not at all acceptable.

Anyways, I DID try what exactly you said and it did not work at all. I added a new email in my FB account, made it primary, made the previous email primary again and deleted the added email. But all this did not work at all.

Request you to kindly rectify this problem immediately.

• Sajid

Hi @iDiya,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am really sorry for confusion. I did not said to ask all your users to do that. I just requested to test what developer said and let me know if that fixes the issue. If it does or does not let me know so we can move forward towards digging into this issue deeper. Yes, I know its my fault please accept my sincere apologies.

If you don't mind please grant support staff access so I can take a closer look at your settings and troubleshoot this issue. To grant support staff access go to WPMUDEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Nastia

Hello @iDiya, I hope you are well today!

I tried to login via Facebook on your side and got the same message. I also visited the Error log and found this message:

No valid Facebook token found for the given Facebook user id

Please navigate from your Dashboard to Ultimate Facebook Settings > Permisions & Tokens,
    - Tick on Extra permissions to use minimal possible permission set
    - Click on use a New Facebook user for setup
    - Save changes to this section

Please see the example settings in the attached screenshot.

Let us know how it went!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.