URGENT - URGENT - Database issue...

Valued Support-Team,

The latest 4.3 WordPress release has caused stability issues for some WordPress users. Although it’s not wide-spread, the cron bug has been reported to cause database issues and high site server CPU load.

Tell me more about the bug!

Reversed arguments for the scheduled task to split terms could cause the database to balloon in size in certain cases. Here’s the ticket with more detailed information

Please will you be so kind to check this issue on our behalf. We will forward direct server access, please request for it.

Thank you.
Prinz

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Prinz,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Are you referring to this cron bug?
    https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33423

According to the follow up there, " the affected call is in _wp_check_for_scheduled_split_terms() which acts as a backup". Fortunately, this shouldn't usually be called during normal WP performance.

The fix is ready and as far as I can see will be included in 4.3.1 version, so although the release date is not known yet it should be available relatively soon.

That being said, have you noticed any signs that your site may be affected by this?

Cheers,
    Adam

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Adam,

BIG thanks for prompt reply. Frankly we don't really understand what this wp bug could probably do wrong on our installed multi-db. Also we thought before we do any harm we better request your kind support as we always value and appreciate your experiences you guys have.

Now regards CRON: We receive daily from our server the following message which we believe that could be a result of that wp error. Therefore we would love to see you this fixed for us.

Cron <bestofv2@server> /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/quickinstall/scripts/checkupdates.pl
    Can't locate Error.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/local/lib64/perl5/Git.pm line 100.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib64/perl5/Git.pm line 100.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/QuickInstall/Backups.pm line 3.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/QuickInstall/Backups.pm line 3.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/quickinstall/scripts/checkupdates.pl line 3.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/quickinstall/scripts/checkupdates.pl line 3.

Please request direct server access.
    Once again BIG, BIG thanks in advance.
    Prinz

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Prinz!

I sincerely apologize for another delay on my site, there's so much to do recently (and it's been a holiday season) that I'm responding too slowly. I'm really sorry for this.

As for the original issue. It's been a while since my previous post here and as your site seems to be working fine I'd say that the error isn't affecting your database. Therefore, I'd just wait for the nearest WP update. Although the release date for 4.3.1 version is still unknown, the "milestone" is announced to be completed in 85% already, meaning we're very close to that update.

As I mentioned before, the update will include a fix for this.

Now regards CRON: We receive daily from our server the following message which we believe that could be a result of that wp error.

The error message tells that it's related to the PERL (it's another language used to create server-side scripts, but not used by WordPress) and scripts that are part of cPanel "QuickInstall" tool. Unfortunately, I'm not able to do anything about it, since it doesn't seem to be related to WordPress at all.

The only relationship I can think of here is that your WordPress was installed via cPanel tool and now cPanel is trying to check for updates/perform updates. However, as I said, this is not related to WordPress directly and the error message state that there might be some files missing from QuickInstall cPanel tool. If I'm right here, this is something your hosting provider could be able to fix as only your hosting's tech staff is able to re-install/update cPanel.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.