Urgent... Website errors/crash first from membership plugin

Hi! I'm using this with the website serenesocial.com. I just became a paid member again and reinstalled the WPMUDEV dashboard in my wordpress dash. When I logged in today, I installed the appointments plugin, and when I did it looks as if the Members got deleted. The users are still there (thank goodness!) but all the member status, who was what member level, etc is gone! So I tried to reinstall the Members plugin, but it installed with errors (file was missing or something).

I went back to update a few other plugins while I tried to find some support on what just happened, and it seems to have nearly crashed the website! If you visit http://www.serenesocial.com there are errors all across the top. On the back end I can not even log in to fix anything/undo, I'm just met with an error page. Check it out: http://www.serenesocial.com/wp-admin

Please help if you can! I have to get the admin page back up and the dashboard up, then we can see what needs to be fixed on the Member and Appointments plugins.

Thank you!

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Erin,

Hope you're doing well today!

The issue is happening because of the Export User Data plugin by the looks of it. If you go in through our cPanel file manager or through FTP and re-name that plugin then the issue should be fixed and you will be able to log in again :slight_smile:

If you're not comfortable going into the files via FTP then you can send in your FTP login to me and I'll get that sorted for you.

You can send it in via our private contact form:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back Erin!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Welcome to the WPMU DEV Communtiy!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Erin,

Glad you got that all sorted out!

As for the new issue, I'm just going to paste it in here and answer it in the thread, hope you don't mind! Better for us to keep everything together here so if another staff lands on your thread then they will be up to date with everything so far :slight_smile:

The membership plugin is kind of funny though. The original problem of my inquiry was that our membership had gotten completely deleted - all levels, no members (only users thankfully). I see it is back now, but wonder if anyone is missing, also... Some of the pages aren't working. Our general sign-up/join us page serenesocial.com/join-us is automatically being automatically redirected to serenesocial.com/subscriptions. I triple checked that the settings for that page are correct - see this screenshot: http://serenesocial.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Screen-Shot-2015-03-02-at-11.54.40-AM.png.

The redirection to subscriptions is actually normal behaviour with the Membership plugin because the process of signing up is that you select the membership first then sign up and pay(if it's paid).

If you want to have another registration that doesn't force a subscription selection first, then you could use a plugin such as Pie Register to create a custom registration form and place it on a different page on your site :slight_smile:

I also just want to mention that we have just updated Protected Content to include the Membership to Protected Content importer. So you can easily switch over to the content protection/membership plugin if you want to take advantage of the additional features and brand new user interface. It has a lot more flexible shortcodes that allow you to place registrations and login forms around your site. Just a thought!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have further questions on this.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.