URGENT - Your advice means lots to us

Valued Support Team,

in one of your recent WHIP Tips there was an article about 11 things to do before launch.

1. Install a WordPress backup Solution... recommend BackupBuddy,
We use snapshot... do we really need BackupBuddy? How about our multi-db installation?

2. Secure WordPress Admin Area...
- Create Custom Login Links ...allows to create custom URLs for logging in, logging out, administration and registering for your WordPress blog... but Stealth Login isn't updated since 8 month!

How does this affect our m2PRO installation (we just got it working and will not risk a fall back).

How does this affect Ultimate Branding we use and other plugins we have installed?

3. Check Your Site for 404 Errors... recommend to use Google Webmaster Tools. Does WPMU Dev has an equivalent to that?

As you know we trust 100% your advice and always follow them to but before we usually do so we have to understand the impact. However please answer us in plain English.

Thanks upfront.
Kind regards
Prinz

• Sajid

Hi @Prinz

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

1. Install a WordPress backup Solution... recommend BackupBuddy,
    We use snapshot... do we really need BackupBuddy? How about our multi-db installation?

That's recommended but not required. If you like that plugin than you can use that too. Snapshot is also very good alternative and have lots of options to backup and restore including scheduling. It should backup multi-db as well but I am not sure here, because I have not used it here. I am flagging my colleague @Vaughan here to his valuable feedback on this matter.

2. Secure WordPress Admin Area...
    - Create Custom Login Links ...allows to create custom URLs for logging in, logging out, administration and registering for your WordPress blog... but Stealth Login isn't updated since 8 month!

It will still work for you, but I have not tested myself. You can test it on a staging site before live to make sure it would not break anything are take backup before activating it.

How does this affect our m2PRO installation (we just got it working and will not risk a fall back).

Memberhsip 2 have its own login and registration pages so it should not affect those but again test in on staging site.

How does this affect Ultimate Branding we use and other plugins we have installed?

It would not have any affect on ultimate branding but I am not sure about your other plugins. It depends upon your other plugins functionality. If they are simple plugins to do different tasks inside and don't communicate with external world (vai API) than, I don't think it will affect.

3. Check Your Site for 404 Errors... recommend to use Google Webmaster Tools. Does WPMU Dev has an equivalent to that?

WE have google analytics + plugin to bring webmaster tools in dashboard. You can try this plugin and also read the following article on our blog.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/google-analytics-for-wordpress-mu-sitewide-and-single-blog-solution/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/tag/google-analytics/

4. How about BulletProof Security Plugin? Would you recommend this one too?

I have not used this plugin but I personally suggest you to try iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security). It also have hiding backend and login links that may be cut down the requirement of Stealth Login.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.