Urgent/TimeSensitive End-o-subscription last min plugin shopping Qs!

Hi All!

Happy Hols!
So hand in air, yes, I've left things til the 11th hour and need some guidance.
I've been running so hard this year I've not taken a spare moment to reap the benefits of my subscription.
– My subscription sometime on the 24th (dunno if that's midnight where? etc),
but I need to know in practical terms what that means for last min plugin snagging?
Will plugins I get still work once my subscription expires?
Do I need to activate it on my site before that happens, say with my API key?
Super Quick response / insights appreciated as time's of the essence and truly not on my side… I m a y only have as little left as 90mins!

Many thanks! : ) and happy holidays!

P.s. if whomever responds has their top 3-5 don't miss selections, that'd be a bonus!
º<§:^{)§ <- santa smiley!

Adam Czajczyk

Hello James,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Long story short: even with no active subscription you can keep all the plugins that you already installed and most of them will still work. There's no restrictions on this.

You won't however get access to updates and 24/7/yr support. There are also some exceptions and these are:

WP Smush Pro, Hummingbird, Defender, Snapshot Pro (Managed backups feature), Integrated Video Tutorials, Anti-Splog, WPMU DEV Dashboard.

You will also not have access to The Hub and the Membership 2 Pro - if updated - will revert to the "Lite" version. Other plugins will work fine.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

James

Hi Adam

Very timely and helpful, thk u!
    One point of key clarification re: "…even with no active subscription you can keep all the plugins that you already installed and most of them will still work"
    Must I have already installed them onto my site?
    LoL as I may have as little as 60mins left (:blush
    If you were installing 3-5 must-haves for any site… which would be your short list?
    Huge thank you for such helpful and timely replies

Adam Czajczyk

Hello James!

Must I have already installed them onto my site?

Actually I was not clear about that, sorry If you download plugin packages, you can keep them and install later.

As for "must haves". Personally, I would go for WP Smush, Hummingbird, Defender and Snapshot but these are those that do need active access to API. As for other plugins (those that do not need API access), that depends on what you wish to achieve on your site - you may as well just download them all and test later and if you find them useful, we'll be more than happy to welcome you as a member here again - in case you needed any assistance

Best regards,
    Adam