URL groups protection

Hello... In my website, I have a subdomain forum called foro.mydomain.com and I would like to avoid access to the forum for users that are not subscribed to my membership site. So, I added that url to url grupos, and then put this into negative rules for strangers, but the visitor still can get into the forum. What am I doing wrong here or how this works for specific urls?

Thankyou in advance...

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Membership can only protect sites powered by wordpress, so if your forum isn't on your wordpress site then membership won't be running. If it's based on WP and at a sub-domain of a multi-site install then you need to activate membership as a network plugin and set the plugin to use global tables (there is an option in the config file).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kenetork,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.