URL that links to a new wiki post

Is there a URL form that could browse the user to the creation of a new wiki post that A) is using the wiki interface rather than the dashboard interface and B) is not automatically parented to another wiki post?

If I am on a wiki post, and click Create New, it links to http://www.danisi.org/wiki/example-article/?action=edit&eaction=create

...but the resulting wiki post is automatically parented to the wiki post I clicked from.

I want to put a link on the sidebar that lets people create a new wiki post from scratch, but not using the Dashboard.

P.S. This is a closed site. But the question should apply to any WP site using WPMU Wiki.

Paul Barthmaier

Hi there and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community for WordPress Support!

The short answer is no. The longer answer is, no, I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure no. Having said that, I've created a work-around for myself that isn't so elegant, but does have some logic to it.

Like you, I have an internal wiki and would like to be able to create from the frontend, but it doesn't seem possible as it is written. What I've done is create a Wiki called New and then I have a link on the frontend like:
    mydomain.com/wiki/new/?action=edit&eaction=create
    This way, all of the wikis that people add are under the New wiki and can be curated from there. I also explain that if they would like to categorize it further, they can click on the Advanced tab and select a parent.

Make sense?

Cheers,
    Paul

Want to change Q&A background color? Ask Patrick!