URL that links to a new wiki post

Is there a URL form that could browse the user to the creation of a new wiki post that A) is using the wiki interface rather than the dashboard interface and B) is not automatically parented to another wiki post?

If I am on a wiki post, and click Create New, it links to http://www.danisi.org/wiki/example-article/?action=edit&eaction=create

...but the resulting wiki post is automatically parented to the wiki post I clicked from.

I want to put a link on the sidebar that lets people create a new wiki post from scratch, but not using the Dashboard.

P.S. This is a closed site. But the question should apply to any WP site using WPMU Wiki.

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community for WordPress Support!

The short answer is no. The longer answer is, no, I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure no. Having said that, I've created a work-around for myself that isn't so elegant, but does have some logic to it.

Like you, I have an internal wiki and would like to be able to create from the frontend, but it doesn't seem possible as it is written. What I've done is create a Wiki called New and then I have a link on the frontend like:
    mydomain.com/wiki/new/?action=edit&eaction=create
    This way, all of the wikis that people add are under the New wiki and can be curated from there. I also explain that if they would like to categorize it further, they can click on the Advanced tab and select a parent.

Make sense?

Cheers,
    Paul

Want to change Q&A background color? Ask Patrick!