Usage of a plugin for different websites

I want to buy a plugin from theme forest and from woo commerce. At some plugins they say you can use it only for 1 website and if you want to use it for 5 websites you get a discount.
I just don't understand why I should pay more for 5 websites and not buy the plugin once and use it on all my websites. The bottom-line-question is: How can plugin-developers/owners or the responsibles detect if a plugin is used for different websites if it only supossed to be used for one???
Thank you.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Rami,

Hope you're doing well today!

I can't speak too much on other products terms and conditions; however, as for your bottom line question:

How can plugin-developers/owners or the responsibles detect if a plugin is used for different websites if it only supossed to be used for one???

Often you will need to enter in a license key or api key. This is what is used to detect the plugin on your sites.

We allow you to use our products on as many sites as you like for just the 1 fee, no restrictions. The on-going membership covers your updates and support for as long as it's active. You can continue to use the plugins even after expiry and you can always re-subscribe whenever you like :slight_smile:

Personally, I prefer that method - more simple. I was a member before becoming staff and thought that then as well; not sure if that makes my reply any less bias :smiley: lol.

Hope that helps!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.