Use Admin Panel for new listing

With the directory plugin, I would like for users to be able to post listings from the admin panel- not the in-site form for listings. With my current account permissions for these users, they can log in and see a limited user panel but when "Add new" listing is selected, they are directed to the in-site form. Is it possible to have a specific user level create a listing in the admin layout?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @segacious,

Welcome to the forum,

I'm not sure this is possible without some custom coding of the plugin, I think we had that many people asking for this to be done on the front-end because people wanted to restrict dashboard access, you're the first i know of to ask for it to be like it used to be.

Let me just ask one of our developers to have a look at this for you and see if there's an easy way of doing it.

Thanks

• sagacious
    • New Recruit

Hi Jack,

I just found that plugin yesterday and was playing around with it. For anyone else that wants to do this, you'll need to enable the core permission of unfiltered_html to view the admin panel with creating a listing and the core feature of upload_files to upload and set featured images.

One downside is that by having the permissions to upload featured images, the user can see all uploaded images. Do you know of a solution for setting specific permissions for uploading media so a specific user role could only see the files they have uploaded?

This will work for what I need right now but having all media available to view for this user group isn't what I want long term.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.