Use Appointments+ To Schedule MarketPress Order Delivery

Hi there,

My website is an online grocery store that services only people that live in my city. Therefore, we handle all order deliveries ourselves, and have been using the "Special Instructions" box during the MarketPress checkout to get users to specify a time for delivery. Unfortunately, a lot of our customers just skim over this section and leave the textarea empty.

I would like to incorporate Appointments+ into the MarketPress checkout, so that customers are asked to select a date and time for their delivery. This would have to be a required field, and not cost anything to select a delivery time.

Is this difficult to accomplish?

thanks,
Josh

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

That's an interesting way of handling things, I've not seen it done before...

There is no way to make this a required product to ensure they schedule a time.

I think the way I'd try this is by using the Appointments calendar shortcodes and put them in:

Admin --> Products --> Store Settings --> Messages

I'd maybe put it on the "Order Complete Page", then once their order is complete and submitted they get the calendar.

If you put it on the card page they basically need to select the time hit submit then hit submit again to proceed. I would imagine that could usability issue for some and confusing.

I believe that would be the quickest and easiest method without anything really custom being needed.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.