Use custom domain with setup

Hi, I tried the forum search, but I didn't find an answer.

I have installed Domain Mapping and it works fine.
Now I want to choose the custom domain with the setup of a new blog - ist this possible?

I was able to change the subdomain to the custom domain after the setup, but then the Fileupload Url still pints to the subdomain of the network root.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings brainfruit,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Domain Mapping is normally used to map TLD's (Top Level Domains) to sub sites of the main WordPress install.

I was able to change the subdomain to the custom domain after the setup

What do you specifically mean by this? Trying to get the big picture here of what it is your doing so I may respond applicably.

but then the Fileupload Url still pints to the subdomain of the network root.

You logged in to the domain using the TLD and the file upload still uses the sub domain of the root --> in Domain Mapping settings do you have the setting for "The domain used for the administration area should be the" Domain entered by the user or Mapped Domain selected?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• brainfruit
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,

thanks for your very quick answer!

I want to setup a network only with custom domains.
    So I don't to choose a subdomain auf my network root first to add a custom domain mapping later on.

After choosing a subdomain I was able so open the site "info" and change the URL from subdomain.network.tld to http://www.costomdomain.tld.
    But after the change, the site "settings" still showed the subdomain as "Fileupload Url".

Is there a way to only work with custom domains for every blog without having to setup a network subdomain first?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings brainfruit,

Is there a way to only work with custom domains for every blog without having to setup a network subdomain first?

Not that I am aware of, but of course I do not know everything.

However, I will ask our lead developer if my suspicions are correct that it is not meant to be done this way (without a sub domain) and that problems will plague the install.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.