Use default 'not found' when public user views private event

Currently when a logged out user views a private event page they see a blank screen. it would be ideal if they saw the default ‘not found’ content. Or are prompted to login to view the event.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello jono_39,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I suppose you’re referring to setting event as “Privately Published” (private) inside the “Publish” box on event edit screen, is that right?

I tested this on my own test setup and can confirm that it’s not bringing back the “404 not found” page for private events, on the contrary to private blog posts. I think this is likely a “glitch” in plugin’s code and/or custom post type setup so I’m forwarding this to our 2nd-line support team.

Hopefully they’ll be able to take a look at this and provide us with a solution soon. Please note though that their response time may be a bit longer than ours here on support forum as they deal with a lot of complex issues on daily basis.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further information and updates.

Best regards,

Adam

• Ritesh
    • Flash Drive

Hi jono_39

I hope you are having a good day :slight_smile:

We have figure out the issue and have fix ready to be included in next update. Till then, would you like us to fix the issue in your site temporarily? If so, we will need your site’s FTP details so that we can make necessary changes.

You can send FTP details privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: “Attn: Ritesh Patel

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Cheers,

Ritesh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.