Use external images in Marketpress

Hi,
is there any way to use images hosted elsewhere as the featured product image in marketpress?

Thanks

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

alan543

Hi and Thanks for using WPMU forums!

Have you tried adding them from a URL?

You can click "Add Featured Image" on the post editor screen (or you can use the Media Insert icon above the post text editor)

I'm attaching a screenshot

If this isn't what you need please don't hesitate to let me know!

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out! If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

Thanks for using the WPMU forums!

Best,
    Kimberly

• alan543
    • Flash Drive

Hi Kimberly,
    sorry I didnt see a notification for your last reply. No, I have that link but when I click that and then choose 'from URL' I don't have the 'Use as featured image' link. See screenshot. So all I can do with it is insert into post. I can't use it as the product 'featured' image.

• alan543
    • Flash Drive

I think it might be a Wordpress limitation actually. I've just read on a few forums now that Wordpress doesn't allow external images as featured images which is a bit of a pain if you want to allow your multisite users to scale their stores without giving them crazy disk space allowances.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Alan,

I'm going to ask the developer for some feedback here:

Aaron,

Since it seems that you cannot use a URL featured image is there some other way that you can work around members adding their own pictures from an external source? Perhaps Picasa, Flickr, etc.?

I agree with Alan, members using up space with their own pictures is a big concern, especially with users who have no idea how 'big' their pics actually are or how to change them.

Is this something that can be handled via marketpress or should there be an outside solution?
    Maybe both?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.