Use in a widget-less theme

Hi,
I want to use this plugin in a widget-less theme.
Can you please assist ?

• dronix
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey hannit welcome to WPMUDEV :smiley:!

I want to use this plugin in a widget-less theme.

Unfortunately the only way to use the plugin without using the widget is to automatically subscribe any existing and new users. If you would like your users to have an option then you'll need to use the widget.

• dronix
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

ok. any code manipulation taht I can do ?

You'll actually have to add additional code as this feature isn't available at the moment.

If I do add a widget support to resolv thsi - how can I initialize the widget sidebar to include this widget ?

If you decide to include the widget you can initialize it using your functions.php file. However you can simply enable the widget if you go to your Appearance >Widgets tab.

I won't be back until later today (maybe six hours or so), but if you want I can add the shortcode functionality when I do get back.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

And I just lost another post from the timeout issues.

With code.

Take a look at the subscribe_by_email.php code for the code for the bit that generates the widget, copy that out of there and paste it into the theme where you want it. You'll still have to add the plugin though and fiddle with it probably to make it work. You may also get the annoyed enduser who points out that widget support has been required since something like version 2.6 or so.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.