Use Lat and Long to drop pin on map

Is there a way to drop a pin on an exact Latitude and Longitude? I see it lat and long when you hover over edit pin, but is there a way to edit that so I can place a pin in an exact spot?

Or can I import an existing google map with the pins already populated?

Thanks,
William

• Michael Bissett

Hey @William, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I do see that when entering latitude & longitude coordinates like you have, it does snap to a location. However, if you were to go to:

Settings -> Google Maps -> Options

And set "Snapping" to "No", you'd be more able to adjusting the positioning of a marker. Entering the coordinates at first would still snap to a location though.

As for the importing of a Google map, while we don't have a bulk importer of pins presently, may I ask how you were planning on displaying this map?

I ask because of the ability that Google Maps has to utilize latitude & longitude coordinates assigned to a post, via custom fields, are you planning to have a page up for each location?

Please advise,
    Michael

• William

Hi @Michael Bissett

We currently have a Google map created with all the pins on the following page. Each pin is at a specific Lat and Long within this map.

Check out our locations page:

If you click into the first location "1 Thorton – Kile/Thorton Road" you can see what we will be doing for each (we have not set up the others yet). On the current map I have also added the first location/pin through the WPMUDEV Google Maps Plugin, however its just roughly placed. I would like to place it to the exact location.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    William

P.S. Do you have any updates on the following: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/another-issue-with-membership-2-plugin

• Michael Bissett

Hey @William, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

I'm seeing that the page you linked to is a Protected Content page presently, so I'm not able to see what's there, but I can say that the placing of this marker in an exact position would require manual adjustment (which can be done, if that option I mentioned earlier is set to "No").

Being able to automatically have it work like this though would definitely be handy, and to that end, I've moved this thread over to the Features & Feedback section, so that others here in the community can vote on this being considered for a future release. :slight_smile:

It's definitely got my vote! :smiley:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.