use marketpress to book classes/courses

Hi,

I need to create a online course booking system, is this something that could be easily achieved with marketpress?

There would be a number of different types of course types such as term dates course level examinations day events.

• Timothy Bowers

The plugin could be used for anything really.

It all comes down to your specifications and what you require. The plugin as is can sell both digital (downloadable) and tangible goods.

It is not however a booking system as such. For example you could create a product titled "PHP Training Course - Basics - 24th May" you could define how many spaces there are with product quantity. So spaces are limited.

So in that sense it is all handled by MarketPress. You could even change some language constants to match what you envisage. I don't believe there is any expiry handling to remove products or change their status, thus some need for a little manual intervention. That is a feature I would love to see in there though, and in all honesty it wouldn't be hard to add, I did so recently for a client in their theme where they wanted listings to not be visible after X date.

I think the best thing for you to do is install the plugin on a test website, have a play with with it and see how it suits your needs. If you have any questions then pop them in the forum so we can help. It would help you get a feel for the capabilities of MarketPress.

Let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.