Use of Jobs & Experts as a restricted list of "resumes"

I'm trying to create a solution for the following requirements:

experts (borrowing the term used in the plugin) must be able to:
1. create a profile page
2. view their own profile page, but be restricted from viewing the pages of others
3. Select a skill level on pre-set "skills" rather than enter their own skills' name
4. search and view a list of jobs submitted by employers
5. receive messages from logged in employers

employers must be able to:
1. search and view experts profiles, but not view contact info unless they are an upgraded user
2. contact experts directly from the site and view contact information as long as they have upgraded
3. submit jobs that can be searched and viewed by experts
4. pay to upgrade their account to enable the things mentioned above
5. "invite" experts to apply for posted jobs
6. have user info completely hidden from the front end, only being contactable by other users after they have initiated contact through the site or another way, and never being searchable.

Basically the goal is a niche resume DB that employers have to pay to fully access. It seems to me experts[1,4] are part of the extension, and employer[1,3,4] can be achieved with membership 2.

So...

How do I restrict experts from viewing each other?
How do I have pre-set skills (or maybe a profile "template")?
How do I restrict Messaging to be only between upgraded employers and the experts they choose to contact
How do I put only part of the experts' info behind a paywall?
Is there an "invite" functionality?
Am I correct that I can use membership 2 for much of the employer functionality?
Are there any other methods or plug-ins that might help me achieve this more easily?

I'm not very familiar with these plug-ins and just starting to get to know them, so guidance is appreciated. Also, sorry to dump so many questions in a single post.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Matt,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This sounds like quite a complex setup, should be doable though :slight_smile:

Let me then answer some of your questions first:

Am I correct that I can use membership 2 for much of the employer functionality?

You're right. Most of the "protect"/"hide" content features can be implemented here with our Membership 2 Pro plugin and its bundled-in add-ons.

Are there any other methods or plug-ins that might help me achieve this more easily?

I think BuddyPress may be of much help here as well as our Private Messaging plugin.

BuddyPress is basically a "community"/"social network" plugin but it can be also used in a number of other ways and it includes some useful "user profile" related features:

https://buddypress.org/

It's a solution aimed to allow users for private internal messaging:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/private-messaging/

How do I restrict experts from viewing each other?
    How do I restrict Messaging to be only between upgraded employers and the experts they choose to contact
    How do I put only part of the experts' info behind a paywall?
    Is there an "invite" functionality?

All this may be covered by our Membership 2 Pro plugin, although some complex configuration and possibly a small customization (either via code pieces or additional 3rd-party plugins) may be needed. I think though that our plugin should handle this.

That being said, I think the best way to proceed would be to go "step-by-step". Could you please let me know what's the "status" at the moment? How far have you gone with your setup so far?

It would be great also if you could grant me an access to your site so I could take a closer look. To do this, please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.