Use Ultimate Facebook to Post to a Page

I am having a difficult time getting the Ultimate Facebook to post to a FB page. I have the plugin setup on multisite using the API across the network. Under network options I have all three checkboxes checked. And under FB API I do not have Prevent access to my linked accounts checked.

On my main blog when I go to publish a post on FB I believe it has my FB page as the FB account and I check post AS page, but nothing ever comes through. I must be missing something.

Any ideas?

• myladeybugg
    • Flash Drive

@aristath - No no error. I would actually like to do a complete fresh install, but even after deleting the files and re-uploading it remembers my settings.

Do you have any idea on how to go about doing a fresh install? What I need to clear out of the database?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Using phpmyadmin or a similar tool, visit your WordPress database and on the wp_options table, sort the entries by option_name.

Your options should be on these entries:
    fb
    wdfb_notice_log
    wdfb_error_log
    wdfb_connect
    wdfb_comment
    wdfb_autopost
    wdfb_api

delete these rows and you should be ok.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• myladeybugg
    • Flash Drive

@aristath Thank you!

Would I see all of these tables? I did not see the fb, comments, and autopost ones.

Also, I am running multisite, would I need to delete these rows from all options tables? In one of the blogs I noticed a cron table with an option value containing wdfb_, importing comments. Do I need to delete these?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Would I see all of these tables? I did not see the fb, comments, and autopost ones.

It depends on your configuration.... these enries are created on request. So if they were not needed with your config. options, then they might not have been created.

Also, I am running multisite, would I need to delete these rows from all options tables?

I don't have it installed on a multisite, but I would assume that yes.

In one of the blogs I noticed a cron table with an option value containing wdfb_, importing comments. Do I need to delete these?

If you want to completely remove the ultimate facebook plugin, then it's safe to assume that you can delete those, and any other wdfb_.... entries. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

• myladeybugg
    • Flash Drive

@aristath I deleted all of the rows you mentioned. I then did a search in the database for wdfb and came across a few entries that contain wdfb in the option_value fields in the options and usermeta tables. Should I delete the whole rows or edit the content? Or do I not need to worry about it? There is information in the row about other plugins I have installed, so I'm thinking I don't want to mess with that.

I am mainly looking to get rid of the api settings I believe. I do not want it to remember my facebook app and key. I deleted all wdfb_api rows, so maybe I am ok?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.