Use variable in menu

I am using the Product Theme in conjunction with the New Blog Templates. This works great except for a menu item that needs to be the URL of the specific blog I create with the template (see screenshot)…how do I specify the actual blogname? If not possible, is there a workaround?

Thanks.

• progresst
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

**when I said actual blogname, I meant to say a variable that would work as the actual blogname…it defeats the purpose to have the template when you have to change the menu for each new blog created…I hope that makes sense?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi progresst,

While New Blog Templates can handle the replication of the menu items as you’ve seen, it’s not really meant to be used with hard-coded links as such. If the WordPress menu system supported your particular page/post-type without it having to be hard-coded, this would be easily remedied.

That said, I’ll ask one of the developers to stop by and take a look at this to see if they have any ideas for workarounds.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi progresst,

In looking more into it, can you try and see if the relevant link you need is available with the selections made available from the Screen Options pull down tab in Appearance > Menus?

If you select all the options, perhaps one of them would provide you with the specific linkage you'd need, which may then be saved by New Blog Templates. Could you give that a try? Here's an illustration to help see where the options are at.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.