Use with Essential Grid and Visual Composer?

New member - just trying to get things set up.

I have the ftpupload page as a staging site and am working on integrating the WPMU theme and plugins there for my main site enduringepilepsy.com

I'm running into trouble with the Essential Grid and Visual Composer plugins, which I use for formatting my blog. Is there a setting that I need to use to have these work with Upfront? Can these work together or am I going to have to do some revamping?

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there Katrina,

How are you doing today?

Both Essential Grid and Visual Composer plugins are offering the same functionality as Upfront editor which is the reason they don't play well together. All three are influencing page layout in it's own way so it's highly unlikely that this can work.

If you absolutely need this working together some kind of integration would have to be made but I'd strongly suggest avoiding using these plugins with Upfront.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Enduring Epilepsy (Katrina)

I've been able to get the basic settings for what I'm looking to setup working. However its the formatting I'm having trouble with nailing down.

I'd like use these particularly because of Essential Post grids and the formatting I have for my blog posts, archive.

I see there is grid with Upload but not the motion which I especially like.

The formatting problem I'm having most is bullets that come up with the masonry on the blog page. I'm trying to locate it in the code to eliminate it or find out how to overwrite it.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Katrina,

I've checked your blog page and I've managed to remove the list style and that padding by adding the following CSS to global CSS rules:

/* remove list style and padding on li */
    .esg-overflowtrick ul li:before {
        display: none;
    }

.esg-overflowtrick ul li {
        padding-left: 0 !important;
    }

Please note that global CSS rules is meant to be used to add typography styles etc and not for adding global custom CSS rules. Also normally I wouldn't suggest the use of the !important declaration but in this case I couldn't find alternative solution, you can find more info about use of important here.

With that being said a colleague checked your site as well and had completely different outcome on the same browser which is why I'd still suggest not using the above mentioned plugins as you could face multiple issues in the future which will be difficult to troubleshoot and fix.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Enduring Epilepsy (Katrina)

That's exactly what I was trying to do. I knew it would likely include the !important command (and I try to avoid using that as too). Thank you! :slight_smile:

I joined WPMU after seeing the release of Hummingbird (I had already been using SmushIt), looking at the other plugins, and knowing the theme I have running right now is long outdated. I know it may take a bit of work to have the formatting work peacefully, but I'm really liking the possibilities now. I appreciate your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.