Use WPMU default Register Form instead of PROSITE Form

Hello there!

Is it possible to use the default Wordpress MU Register form instead of the ProSite default form?

This way new users don't have to go through the payment gateway step.

Would this be compatible with adding new sites to a default prosite plan with a 30 day trial + blog template generator?

Looking forward to hear some feedback about this. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

• Milan

Hello @urbanoantunes1,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to use the default WordPress MU Register form instead of the ProSite's default form?

Yes this is possible. :slight_smile: For this you'll need to disable pro site overriding default wordpress signup process via Pro Sites > Settings > Signup on Checkout ( Disables WordPress Signup )

Moreover you mentioned that,

This way new users don't have to go through the payment gateway step

So may I ask you to use alternative way here ? You can enable trial for your user to any of one pro site level and it will allow your user to create site for specific period of trial and this will not ask user to upgrade until their trial gets over. This way you can eliminate payment gateway for some period of time.

Hope this helps you with something. If not please ping us back here. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Urbano

Hi Milan, thanks for your reply!

So may I ask you to use alternative way here ? You can enable trial for your user to any of one pro site level and it will allow your user to create site for specific period of trial and this will not ask user to upgrade until their trial gets over. This way you can eliminate payment gateway for some period of time.

We have activated a 30 day trial for the biggest Pro Plan website, however new registrations still must go through the Payment Gateaway step on signup (in spite they will not get billed). Is this correct?

Thanks again for the feedback!

• Milan

Hello @urbanoantunes1,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

This is not the result I am getting with my testing on my sandbox site and on your site too. I was not redirected to payment gateway for trail subscription. For your confirmation I've created this short video for you,
    http://take.ms/uiTjy. Isn't this way registration is taking place on your end for free trial subscriptions ?

Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello @urbanoantunes1,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

Seems like you missed part of how trial period works. :slight_smile: Let me explain that to you please. :slight_smile:

When you enable free trial and specify associated level to that trial via Network admin > Pro Sites > General > Free Trail Level . Pro Site assigns that level for specified number of days for each new free site.( basic site ) :slight_smile:

So if user wants to go with trial then he/she only need to subscriber for basic site, your trial level will automatically assigned to that basic site.

Please follow steps I've followed to crate basic site in this video and then check "Your Account' page of subsite admin. You will see something like this there. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps you.

Cheers,
    Milan