User account created before membership is paid

HI, I thought I fixed this problem with deleting the buddypress plugin but recently learned that it did not...

I have the membership plugin installed with 3 membership options for members to sign up on.

When following the link to subscribe the new user is first taken through the screen to create an account (username, password etc) then click on the link to register the account and taken through the payment gateway.

If the user clicks out or back before making payment, their account is already registered and they are a member of the network, but just not associated at any particular member level.

Please advise how I fix this.

Thankyou

• PC

Hey there Venessa,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

That is the default registration process in Membership plugin.

A user account is registered before assigning a membership level to a member. That is because a user needs to be a member before the plugin can assign a membership level to them.

Unfortunately its not possible to modify that at this moment. However you can create another Membership level on your account and assign that to the Stranger level (Membership >> Options >> General), the plugin can restrict the access to registered members without no subscription just as it does for strangers and then if they try to visit anything protected, the would see the protected content message and then you can redirect them to the register page which would show subscription options they can choose from.

Cheers, PC

• Venessa

Thanks for getting back to me again.

I have now come full circle and after faffing around with it all day yesterday re installed buddy press which has appeared to fix the other problems I have been having re: blank pages and links going nowhere and creating the 'visitors' setting for people who subscribe and have not paid (and ensuring that the content protection is correct) appears to be the way to go.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.