user-activity PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value

[08-Feb-2014 16:56:18 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/hostings/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-activity/user-activity.php on line 448

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @cry1978,

What PHP version are you using on your server? I'm guessing it's one of the latest versions of PHP 5.3+
    These are not errors or have any negative impact on your server, including performance as per your other post.
    The code is written in such a way that older PHP versions will also be supported.
    It's annoying, but a lot of hosts run old versions of PHP on their servers and we have to be compatible with those as well.

It is not an error or a bug. It's simply ensuring backwards-compatibility.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

that is not what was said in my other post, he stated that it will hog up my resources if I had a lot of errors like that coming in, so all be forced not to use wpmu dev plugins

The fact the someone said it doesn't make it true.

The performance impact of these is completely negligible.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• cry1978
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yes I know but my resources are getting maxed out with memory error problems continuously happening and my hosting company says to move up to a vps so I can use all the resources I need, but with every kind of hosting package you get there is a limit to everything.

I do know you should not have to go to a vps just for a few plugins for wordpress and nothing else yet on the site?

All talk to my bps tech about this and see what he says.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.