User Add New Classified AD Not Showing up in Public?

I'm pretty discouraged as it seems I just can't get any of the plugins working. I get the normal plugins working fine from the plugin free section of the admin, but I've not been able to get hardly any of the plugins from this site working for some reason. This is the first support request I'm putting in and I hope I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

The classifieds I got halfway there, after hours of trying different things. But, the only way I can set a new ad is to go into my dashboard. Where is the classified entry from the public page? All is set to public and I don't have any other plugins working that would interfere with it.

Is there a tag I have to place somewhere so the user can see the new ad input form? Now, they can go to the classified page and see the ad I placed through my dashboard, but they are unable to enter an ad themselves.

Current version of wordpress.

Thank you for any help.

Kate

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello Kate and welcome to WPMU DEV!

Assuming new users have the proper role in place so they can post classifieds all should work fine and they should be presented with the options in the front-end via the Classifieds menu. I have a test site running with this all locally and I am seeing the options for new users to post, so I'm not sure why the options wouldn't show for your new users. Could you let me know the following?

Are you at least seeing the Classifieds menus?
    Also, assuming you're using a different theme, could you maybe try using the default Twenty Ten WordPress theme just to see if there's a difference there?

Cheers,
    David

• Kate
    • Flash Drive

Well, after fiddling for a few more hours (LOL), I think I discovered that the plugins simply did NOT like the newest version of WordPress! I even noticed you all don't have the most recent version. So, I uninstalled the whole lot and reinstalled an older version and I'm now happy as pie.

Thanks so very much! I'm sure I will have other problems and/or questions and I'll ask here after searching.

Thank you!

Kate

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Kate,

I've actually got the latest version of Classifieds currently running on test sites using WordPress 3.1. You should definitely not have to revert to older versions either of WordPress or the plugin in order for it to work and if so, you may just have a conflict with another plugin. Have you tried deactivating other plugins to see if there's a conflict?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.