User-created events and payments/commissions

The only post somewhat related to this that I could find is from about a year ago:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/for-the-events-plugin-i-currently-am-opening

My goal is to have user-created events which they receive payment for and I receive a portion of that. In addition, I'd like them all to be posted to my facebook page automatically. Is this currently supported through a combination of WPMU plugins?

Thank you

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @bcrute,

You can enable the front-end editing addon, and the capabilities addon, which would allow front end editing.

With marketpress integration you can allow marketpress to be used for payments, but taking commissions wouldn't be possible unless each user has their own subsite, store and events plugin installed. then you would need to use paypal chained payments in marketpress.

It is also no longer possible to post/publish events to facebook, as FB removed this ability a few weeks ago. You can import events from facebook, but it's not possible to publish anymore.

Hope this helps

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @bcrute,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

With the method Vaughan has described, you can stick to a single site install and just allow the users to create events, rather than needing to create a site per user. :slight_smile:

Automatic publishing to Facebook works, but not posting events, so you could automatically publish normal posts, just not events :slight_frown:

Facebook are also discontinuing the ability to signup with Facebook on a site.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• bcrute
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Jack,

Thank you very much for the clarification. I apologize as I had overlooked there being a difference between creating an event and posting. I want this to post; not create an event. So it should work.

As for the multisite, I found the marketpress 'how-to' area and I'm following the etsy-style guide. I am unclear on a few things, though; mostly how the two plugins integrate; is it solely for the payment gateways or are there other advantages? This site is solely an event-based site, so I won't be selling anything except tickets.

Also, if I should be asking this somewhere else, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Ben

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Ben,

Hope you're well today. :slight_smile:

The integration is only for the payment gateways and it makes the tickets a product in MarketPress. You could then use the chained payments to collect the percentage fee, if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

Any issues, we're here to help.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• bcrute
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you Jack, however that does not resolve my issue unfortunately. I'd like to be able to sell (for example) vip tickets as well as normal tickets, either of which anyone could buy. Are there any plans to add this feature to Events+ in the near future? If not, I may have to integrate my current event registration plugin somehow...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.