User creation to some users only.

Hi Guys!

I'm working in a WPMU project and I need some help with an issue.

I need to allow just one kind of user to be able to create new users. I mean, in my project I'm using the Pro Sites plugin to manage purchasing plans for my users, and I have 5 different plans:

Free - With 1 theme and 5 plugins.

Standart - With more 2 themes and another plugins.

Professional - With more 3 themes and some other plugins.

Elite - With more 3 themes and all the plugins.

Business - With all the themes and some plugins.

But I need the Free, Standart, Professional, and Elite set up to just one user, they can not create users to use their blogs with them. To have multi users blog the user must purchase the Business plan, and they can create how much users they want.

Is there some way to limit the user creation to just one plan?

Thanks.

Derek

• aecnu

Greetings Derekmelo,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I may have a solution for you - have you tried the Multisite User Management plugin?

That may definitely do the job for you - I would love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• aecnu

Greetings Derek,

After rereading this ticket it has come to my attention that by restricting "users" to certain levels or rather just the business level, you are in fact denying the other levels of being able to interact with there users.
    i.e. no user comments to posts etc.

In addition, by restricting users to just the business level you also keep the other levels from doing eCommerce or any other number of possibilities.

I do not see how anyone would want a blog/site with these types of restrictions because they basically cannot do anything.

I know it is possible that I am missing something and I will certainly be willing to work at a solution for this - but is this really what you want - no users, no interaction, no eCommerce for the lower levels?

• Derekmelo

In fact is like this:

Free, Standart, Professional and Elite plans are single user plans, in other words, I don't want my wpmu admins of these plans are not able to create Editors, Autors etc...

I need this capacity to the business plan only, 'cause the other plans are made for single agents, and the business plan are made for companies or more than one agent, so the admin of a business sub-site is able to create Editors, Autors, etc... But the other plans are not.

My business is based on this features, single agents that doesn't need to develop a really complex website to his small business can create one site in one of the first plans. But a medium and big company or a group of agents can purchase the business plan and create how much users they want to work in the site.

But the final user (the user who visits all the sites of my network) is able to comment and interact with the site he's visiting.

I don't know if I got to be clear, but is that what I need. Is it possible?

Thanks

Derek

• aecnu

Greetings Derek,

Thank you so very much for your clarification.

Unfortunately there is no known way to do this with the exception of possibly the way I mentioned earlier using the Multisite User Management plugin

However, I certainly do not know everything and therefore I shall call in the big gun here at WPMU Dev for his input on this subject which is our lead developer.

This may take longer then a normal ticket but I will try to get him in here asap to see what his thoughts are on the subject.

• Derekmelo

Hi Guys!!!!!!!

Guys, I think I found a way to do this!

I found a plugin called: Admin Menu Editor.

With this plugin I can hide some parts of the dashboard to a specific kind of user. I hid the permalink tab to Super Admin for example, and worked very, very well!

So, I was thinking... If I can create a different Pro Site user to apply to the Business Plan, I can allow just this kind of user to see, 'cause I noticed that Pro Site created 3 new user levels: Directory Member, Directory Member Paid and Directory Member not Payd.

If I can create a 4th kind of user like "Directory Member Business" (whatever), I can set the user creation feature to this user level only, is it possible? Somebody can help me to do that?

Thank you very much!!!!

• aecnu

Greetings Derekmelo,

So it appears now that you need to create a new user level within the Directory plugin?

I checked and you are referring to under the site dashboard --> Listings --> Settings--> Capabilities

May I suggest you use the User Role Editor plugin to create the new role or roles that you desire?

Please advise if this helps or any hurdles we are currently facing?

• Derekmelo

No, in fact I'm talking about the Pro-Sites plugin only.

When I activate the plugin and created the members level I noticed that the Pro-Sites plugin create 3 kind of user: Directory Member, Directory Member Paid and Directory Member not Paid

I did not understand what the Directory Member do, but I think that the Directory Member not Paid is the "default free level" that Pro-Site creates and the Directory Member Paid is used when the "not paid" becomes a paid member purchasing one of the plans I created.

So, if I create hundreds of user levels it'll aways be treated as Directory Member Paid.

What I need is to create a new "Directory Member" user to set that this kind of user can create new user to work with him on his site. So I think that these "Directory Member" users are created by Pro Sites, so, I need Pro Sites to create a new kind of user that I will assign the Business plan to this kind of user in Pro Sites to set the user creation to this kind of user only.

• aecnu

Greetings Derekmelo,

As our lead developer of Pro Sites has pointed out now we are on a totally different subject then Pro Sites and it is directly related to the Directory plugin which also is in the realm of a different developer.

Therefore I will mark this ticket as resolved and respectfully request that you create another if necessary within the realm of the Directory plugin so that we may contact the applicable developer if needed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.