User defined order for product listing in MarketPress

At present the options are for sorting by fields that have other uses, such as title, price or published date. Then there's the weird one of 'ProductID' which is sort of by date and sort of random. It would be most useful to have either a 'sort order' field on products, or what would work for us (and would probably be useful anyway) is to sort by SKU (Stock Keeping Unit). Many will be using some kind of structure these these that will lend itself to sorting. For us we use YYNNN format.
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-set-the-order-in-which-products-are-displayed
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-manipulate-product-ids-so-that-i-can-sort-products-in-the-exact-order-id-like-to

• James Morris

Hello Eric Booth,

I hope you are well today.

Reading over your ticket, I'm assuming you're asking how to sort by values not presently defined in the Sort Products By filter. Is this correct?

I'm afraid there's no out-of-the-box solution for this at this point in time. To accomplish filtering by other values would require custom coding in the plugin core files, which goes beyond the help I can offer you here. However, doing a quick search through the files, it seems these values are defined in the following files.

/marketpress/includes/admin/class-mp-shortcode-builder.php
    /marketpress/includes/admin/store-settings/class-mp-store-settings-presentation.php
    /marketpress/includes/admin/widgets/product-list.php

If you want to roll your own custom solution, you can start with those files. Please keep in mind, though, that any updates will overwrite your changes.

I do believe it would be good to have other options available, though. I'm moving this thread to the Features & Feedback forum so our developers can take a look into this issue further. Features are added on a per demand basis. The more popular the request, the more likely it will make production.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

EDIT: My apologies. I see you had already placed this in the Features & Feedback section after I posted my reply. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.