User has to login a second time when upgrading.

Hi There,
I'm just confirming this is how ProSites is meant to work with a sub-domain install.

1. User signs up and gets a free website by default. They may then choose to upgrade to whichever levels you define in Prosites.

2. User logs in to site, then they hit the "upgrade" button in the navbar or admin header.

3. The user is then re-directed to the parent site. Where they have to login again, (because its technically a different site)

I think this is a bad user experience, why should the have to login a second time?

So my question is:
1. Is there a way to allow users the ability to upgrade without having to login a second time? Can this be achieved with a sub-directory install? OR, is there another method or perhaps my install is broken?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @luke.boerdam,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have just tested it on my test site using latest version of Pro Sites plugin and found the users get redirected to the page pro-site in the parent site but they don't have to log in again.

Are you using any domain mapping plugin?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• luke.boerdam@me.com

Hi Vinod!
    Thanks for the prompt reply. The site is local dev on my macbook so unfortunately can't get you to test.

I did notice my test users aren't subscribers of the main site which I believe is standard multisite functionality. I then remembered I may have run some code from another ticket that would stop them from being subscribers to the main site on signup. To see if this was the issues I then added the user as a subscriber to the main site - but it's still asking for login details.

I do not have domain mapping enabled.

I'm happy to know that its not standard functionality and re-test once I have a staging site up and running. Any more ideas would be great though.

Thanks

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @luke.boerdam,

Thank you for your reply.

The default functionality of Multisite is that when user registers on subsite then he also gets added in the main site.

This can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and temporary deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Also remove any custom code that you are using.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi