Basic Config: WordPress Multi Site, WordPress Multi Network, BuddyPress, BuddyPress Multi Network
Issue: When a site visitor registers at any site the user is not added as a user of that site and does not receive at least Subscriber permissions. The user does show up at the top Network Level.
Is this normal behavior? If so is there anyway that I can accomplish the end result of a user automatically being at least a subscriber member of a site that they register on?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here is my configuration:
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
Yes, BuddyPress Multi Network (@sbrahesh), and a several others including Members (to control site permissions) http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/members/
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
WPMU DEV BuddyPress Social Theme
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
No, other than the Theme
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
Private on AWS EC2
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Windows Bitnami xAMP stack