User levels

Membership Plugin questions:
I am having issues with the user privileges.
I am controlling access through the site menus, which is working but the pages display as cannot be found.

If I just need to control the menu access: Is a subscription required for the user levers to function?

Can the user levels name be the same as the subscription?

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi crissymarie,

Great questions.

If you have set up your level to allow a certain menu item, but not allow the page that the menu item links to, then the result should be what you're seeing.

Perhaps check your level settings for the relevant pages.

You don't need to use subscriptions for levels to function. I don't :slight_smile:

Using the same names should be ok.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
    Mort3n

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings crissymarie,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings crissymarie and Mort3n,

@mort3n That may very well be the case but then how do you get paid for the level without a subscription?

@crissymarie Some subscriptions can contain several levels as well but normally for a paid membership where one wants a subscription payment one must create a subscription to get that payment.

Am I missing something here folks? Or missing a point of some kind? If so I apologize and just let me know.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

@aecnu,

I use the Membership plugin on a site with multiple levels none of which are paid for. Naturally, this means that a lot of features are not used, but I find that the plugin is great for easily setting up the access policies needed.

That is why I answered the question from crissymarie as I did. She only asked about the possibility of using a level without a subscription.

Hope this clarifies :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Mort3n

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mort3n,

Fantastical explanation and thank you for that and it makes total sense.

I am just wondering if crissymarie is indeed using the free model because if she is using the paid model then it is certain she needs to create subscriptions to get the dough ... lol

Thanks again Mort3n - you are always a pleasure to work with.

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.