User levels access site

I have pro sites installed and Membership. Not sure how to do this but I need to restrict a particular subdomain (support.domain.com) on my multisite to specific levels in pro site. Basically when you get to support it asks you to login... i have tried this and ANY member on the network can login to see the site regardless if they signed up specifically for Support and that's awesome... here's the thing... how can i restrict access to anyone who does not have a certain level of membership? Ok so Bobby ownes bobby.domain.com... he comes to support.domain.com to get help... he is a free blog owner so it does not allow him access. He goes back to his dashboard, upgrades his plan and then comes back to support... and voala... he's in :slight_smile:... this is what i need. But i need it to be accessable by evryone with a paid membership on the site

• aecnu

Greetings cmwwebfx,

Thank you for this great question!

I believe you would want to add some rules to your levels relative to the support site URL.

This may be done by first adding a URL Group while logged into the admin dashboard by going to Membership --> URL Groups --> Add your support URL

Then make a rule in the levels -> positive URL group rules for paid members, negative URL group rules for free members.

Please let me know that this worked out for your site.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings cmwwebfx,

Ouch this one got away from us in the back of the ticket system, I am sincerely sorry for the delay in a response here.

I have gone ahead and switched the topic to Pro Sites since your acknowledgement that you have gone with Pro Sites exclusively.

It is true that this is not built into Pro Sites and I am trying to think of a way to protect the support sub domain with in mind of course restricted access to just certain levels.

I can think of a way to do it with the support site being a true sub domain site using the Pro Sites built in support restriction, but would take fancy httpd.conf or vhost.conf work on the server administrators end.

To be certain I am not missing anything, I am going to invite the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight to see if he has anything in mind that can help us here.

Though this may take a bit longer, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron

Pro sites isn't tied to users at all, it's tied to sites. So a site is pro or not, doesn't matter what user is logged into it or their level.

With that caveat, we do have an unsupported function in pro sites that does a psuedo tie to user.
    is_pro_user() is the function, which returns true if the current user is a user (with any persmissions) on any pro site level 1 or above. You are welcome to tie that into any custom code to try to achieve what you want.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.